YT: Torpedo Live Professional Load box

well these are the one's i have to choose from so i would make clip's of all of them :). 6505, 6505+, jsx, XXX, mesa dual trem-o-verb, engl fireball, moss kraken, Rhino beast (shitty amp but looks cool lol). and i can get my hand's on a bunch of other one's as well.

well these are the one's i have to choose from so i would make clip's of all of them :). 6505, 6505+, jsx, XXX, mesa dual trem-o-verb, engl fireball, moss kraken, Rhino beast (shitty amp but looks cool lol). and i can get my hand's on a bunch of other one's as well.

damn ! nice collection of amps !

never heard about the kraken and the rhino stuff btw, curious about those

The moss stuff is amazing and the Rhino is pure garabge lol. but i got it for 400 bucks when i was 17 haha

héhé

I hope you're gonna do clips of this signal chain also :

epic beard -> clean boost -> torpedo live

EDIT : "scrunchie" in French = "chouchou" (which is like "cabbage cabbage", but "chou" also means "cute / honey / baby...")

bref j'ai appris le mot "scrunchie" aujourd'hui

Wow this is pretty neat! Really wondering how much the pedal version will cost because this is simply way to much for an IR box IMO. At that price i feel like the kemper would be a worthy sub.

The ability to use your own amp in home recording easily is pretty awesome though

Well I guess when you don't have competitors you can ask what ever you want.

If only it was true...

Two Notes works with studio quality standards, witch means high quality converters and analog buffers. Maybe your guitar doesn't deserve to be properly converted into digital, but that's not what we think. ;)

The electronic parts are not cheap and everything is built in France, this has a cost you may not consider has a valid explanation. ;)

if it is under a Grand in the US ill def buy one!!!

Price is 995 US$, the first units are actually distributed all over the US right now.

Yes! The plugin has the same exact options. But then lacks the load box feature of course
With the plugin, you also have the Variphi (sort of phase shift you hear when you use 2 mics) and Overload (speaker non-linear saturation simulation) settings. And the ability to combine and mix as many poweramps/cabs/mics/FX you need in one instance.
But yeah, the cab / mic list is the same.

BTW, amazing vid OLA :headbang:

A good point about buying the Kemper instead. Kemper is deffo good enough for live tones. Kemper with a midi pedal will be almost the same price as this. So... I don't see the point.

That's definitely not the same thing.
The Torpedo Live allow you to use your REAL head without a cab, and with quality reproduction of the cab and miking stage (and even power section if you use it with a preamp).

995 $ is the average price of a good cab... for this price, you have tons of cabs + mics in a 2kg 1U rack.

I didn't say that it's the same thing.

Just saying... If you're willing to use a modeler in your rig then why not go all the way. Torpedo is still just a cabinet modeler with a power soak. (this is a great product idea though) Talking about the "quality" of the product is a bit feeble at this stage. It's simply using IR technology right? Just like the Kemper. I don't know why all these new products come in rack format. Power soak + impulse loader in a pedal size on top of your head. That's what I want to see. :) Oh and also priced like a pedal should.

995 $ is the average price of a good cab... for this price, you have tons of cabs + mics in a 2kg 1U rack.

We can go further than that. Buy a POD HD and get 20 amps and cabs with different mics and EQs. It still sounds like ass but that's what you get. :)

I didn't say that it's the same thing.

Just saying... If you're willing to use a modeler in your rig then why not go all the way.Torpedo is still just a cabinet modeler with a power soak. (this is a great product idea though) Talking about the "quality" of the product is a bit feeble at this stage. It's simply using IR technology right? Just like the Kemper. I don't know why all these new products come in rack format. Power soak + impulse loader in a pedal size on top of your head. That's what I want to see. :) Oh and also priced like a pedal should.
I only own the plugin so I can only speak about the algorythm. It's better than simple IR technology, as you can move the mic where you want in distance, and away from the center of the cone (and it's not applying a filter or this kind of thing). With this kind of tweaking you can get exactly the tone you're after. Also, the captures are made in a professional studio, with neutral poweramp, so that the sound of your head will be much more respected.

For a live rig situation, the quality of the converters, the I/O's, cooling... etc is also very important and quality has a price. Guillaume will be able to explain you better than me what's on the torpedo Live, as he's the developer of this product.

We can go further than that. Buy a POD HD and get 20 amps and cabs with different mics and EQs. It still sounds like ass but that's what you get. :)
Of course, but the Torpedo sounds good so that's not the point :)

EDIT : you can try the free version of the plugin here : http://www.two-notes.com/en/software/torpedo-pi-free/
Not the best cab ever, but you'll see how it works and how it sounds.

How would someone use the plugin/pedal versions to accurately represent an amplifier, unless that person already had a load box with a line out? With the rack mount unit, the entire amp preamp and poweramp) is processed through the IR technology, but with the plugin/pedal without a load box, you can only go out through the preamp and lose the poweramp's influence over the sound. Right?

How would someone use the plugin/pedal versions to accurately represent an amplifier, unless that person already had a load box with a line out? With the rack mount unit, the entire amp preamp and poweramp) is processed through the IR technology, but with the plugin/pedal without a load box, you can only go out through the preamp and lose the poweramp's influence over the sound. Right?

IIRR all the Torpedo products (the VB-101, VM-202, PI-101 i can tell for sure) have a power-amp sim (that you can bypass if you want of course) section, where you can choose different tubes, push-pull mode, pentode vs triode, presence, depth, and master volume.

And the pedal version is first and foremost designed to work after pedals (like the AMT stuff).

So much for DAR's impulse loader. Pretty intrigued by this, but would kill to hear a 5150/Recto/Marshall via a V30 impulse

In this thread you can hear a JMP-1 preamp going into the PI-101 WOS plugin, and a 5150 (preamp+poweramp) going into the PI-FREE plugin or the VB-101 unit. At least half of the cab used here have V30's IIRR :

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...do-buy-well-lets-test-some-shit-decide-2.html

How about you send some preamp out or poweramp out "DI" of one of your favourite amps you have for us to do some remiking with the Torpedo ? (in the thread above or in another thread you would create)

Always curious to "remic" stuff from other people and see how it sounds compared to my rig.