NIGHTWISH 2007 USA TOUR

As a new Nightwish follower, this was an opportunity that I would not pass up. I got into Nightwish right at the End of an Era, so from my point of view kind of a bad time to, due to the singer being let go. When I saw them coming to the States I was bummed that I missed Jaxx, however, I drove 4 hours and stayed overnight in Philly and I am so glad I did.

Marco and Emppu were awesome together and you could see that the band was truly enjoying themselves up on stage. I can not wait for the second leg of the American tour, I'll be watching and getting my VIP tickets as soon as possible.

After listening to the End of an Era DVD, I can honestly say I could understand Anette so much better, especially on Wishmaster. She did a great job on everything in my opinion.

I'm surprised you're not up here tonight for the NY show

LOL!
I was going to go. Trust me. I had the plans..
But.. I am going to Italy and Germany on Nov/Dec.
I had to be "responsible" this time.
Not like last time! :lol:

Does anyone know where/how I can get tickets to see Nightwish in Chicago @ HOB? It is sold out - no tix on ebay and found one site charging $124! Any ideas would be appreciated! I really don't want to miss this show.

Does anyone know where/how I can get tickets to see Nightwish in Chicago @ HOB? It is sold out - no tix on ebay and found one site charging $124! Any ideas would be appreciated! I really don't want to miss this show.

I guess you could just try showing up at the show and take a chance that somebody may have an extra ticket they need to get rid of (usually due to a friend or spouse bailing on them). There were a couple of folks at Jaxx that had extra tickets they were trying to unload (hell, BlackRoseMetalHeart managed to get in that way since she'd forgotten her ticket and really did not want to have to drive back to Baltimore to get it!).

They played a good amount from the new album, but I am not yet familiar enough with it that I know the titles of all the songs.

They did play "Poet and the Pendulum". They also played that ballad that was on there (can't remember the name off the top of my head). They did play a bit, but just getting familiar with the new material, I don't remember all the names of the songs and still trying to learn the lyrics.

I think they also played Tenth Man Down, but I might be mistaken about that since I don't know there entire catalog by heart.

No, they unfortunately didn't, which was one song that I was hoping to get to hear.

If they pass through here again on their second leg of the tour, I'll definitely go see them again. I am still stoked about that show. Friggan unbelievable, plus it was just so cool to finally get to meet the band in person. I was very impressed by the humbleness and "down-to-earth" attitude I got from Marco, Annette and the rest of the band. Really cool guys who obviously love what they do and seemed to be just as thrilled to get to play for us as we were there to get to experience their performance!

I hope they play Master Passion Greed, that and Bye Bye Beautiful are two of my favorite songs off the new album. :kickass:
Unfortunately Tuomas has said that they won't play Master Passion Greed live ever because it was born of his fury on ... err... someone. :p He said recently that he has got over the old issues and wants to leave it all behind.

Marco? I think you mean Tuomas ;)
The decision to get rid of Marcelo and Tarja (in that particular order !) was made by all the four guys in Feb 2005, a week after the couple had cancelled the US tour and they all also signed the infamous letter given to Tarja on Oct 21. 2005. But, not only that, the band's management and record companies silently backed them for a reason.

Oh, here's a pic of the setlist at Trocadero *click*

Folks;

The gang blew the lid off Nokia Theater last night. A near sellout crowd went nuts over Nightwish's first NYC appearance in 3 years. The setlist for this show was similar to Trocadero's. How do I know this? Because I got me a setlist! The gang came out at 10:20 PM. The setlist was as follows:

1) Intro
2) Bye Bye Beautiful
2a) Cadence of Her Last Breath
-Anette speaks
3)Dark Chest of Wonders
4)Ever Dream
-Marco speaks
5) Amaranth
6) The Islander (the ultimate out of body experience live!)
7) The Poet and the Pendulum
8) She is My Sin
-Anette Speaks
9) Sahara
10)Whoever Brings the Night
11) Sleeping Sun
-Marco speaks
12) Slaying the Dreamer
13) Nemo
-------------------------------

14) Eva (On Setlist but omitted due to time constraints)
15) Wishmaster
-Anette and Marco speaks
16) Wish I Had an Angel

-Marco speaks about Vintage Vinyl event before the finale.

Don't you wish you were there?

Peace,
Ray C.

Folks;

Despite Tuomas going to the ER for a series of headaches, the gang blew the lid off Nokia Theater last night. A near sellout crowd went nuts over Nightwish's first NYC appearance in 3 years. The setlist for this show was similar to Trocadero's. How do I know this? Because I got me a setlist! The gang came out at 10:20 PM. The setlist was as follows:

1) Intro
2) Bye Bye Beautiful
-Anette speaks
3)Dark Chest of Wonders
4)Ever Dream
-Marco speaks
5) Amaranth
6) The Islander (the ultimate out of body experience live!)
7) The Poet and the Pendulum
8) She is My Sin
-Anette Speaks
9) Sahara
10)Whoever Brings the Night
11) Sleeping Sun
-Marco speaks
12) Slaying the Dreamer
13) Nemo
-------------------------------

14) Eva (On Setlist but omitted due to time constraints)
15) Wishmaster
-Anette and Marco speaks
16) Wish I Had an Angel

-Marco speaks about Vintage Vinyl event before the finale.

Don't you wish you were there?

Peace,
Ray C.

Agreed with you, they were unbelievable!!! Anette is such a great singer live, holy shit!!! So much emotion!!!

Too bad I had to leave during Slaying the Dreamer because of the train schedule back to CT and missed Nemo. :( Oh well, there's always next time.

This band kicked my ass badly last night. On the other hand, Paradise Lost was the most boring band I've ever seen in my life. I decided to give them a chance, but their songwriting is so SO boring and without anything special that I literally fell asleep.