10 things worth living for

nomana-nuniyan said:
Are you kidding me? That's what sucking Ben's cock is for. I get the sweet lovely nectars from the demigod himself, which now are running through my veins like venom from a taipan. He feeds me the way he wants to feed me so he can feed on me.

OK, goccha.

??? I'm not sure what else to say... with the existance of pain there is a balance, it's more of an awareness than anything. If I felt no pain throughout my life, I would be less likely to feel compassionate towards others who do feel pain, or are in a bad spot.It is also a way to gague ones strength and will, fr the more pain one is forced to endure and survive through, the harder their will, or the stronger they have the potential to become

Dhatura said:
Is that why Susie posts all those tewwible pictures?

vb37_hair_pre.jpg

Destroyer Of Orden said:
??? I'm not sure what else to say... with the existance of pain there is a balance, it's more of an awareness than anything. If I felt no pain throughout my life, I would be less likely to feel compassionate towards others who do feel pain, or are in a bad spot.It is also a way to gague ones strength and will, fr the more pain one is forced to endure and survive through, the harder their will, or the stronger they have the potential to become

I don't need pain to be compassionate with others, I've never experienced great pain.

Sorrow, maybe. But that's not pain.

Sorrow IS pain. I don't see hwow it can be thought of as otherwise. It is an emotional manifestation of pain. One does not feel physical pain when a loved one dies. they feel sorrow and grief. A pain that is far beyond physical.

autumnsphere said:
ohhhh, you need to give it a better look. fight club is fucking genius!

ohhhh, I've seen it three times, I know what I'm talking about. It's one of the best films I've ever seen, still, most of it is to be taken ironically.

DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME KIDS.

autumnsphere said:
pain is the key to life

That's sick, no offense.

Sure sure, all that no sweets without the bitter and all that, got that. But the point of it is, we become aware and appreciate the sweets, not the pain in itself, that's painful like.

Sure pain leads to compassion and all that, but it's the compassion that's worth living for. Not the pain.

I do agree with that, yet in my mind, pain is neccessairy and a valuable asset to one's well being if taken and thought of in a forward-moving context. Pain is not the key to life, that IS sick. But it is an important part of it

Destroyer Of Orden said:
Sorrow IS pain. I don't see hwow it can be thought of as otherwise.

This way:

SORROW > noun [mass noun]
a feeling of deep distress caused by loss, disappointment, or other misfortune suffered by oneself or others

PAIN > noun 1
[mass noun] physical suffering or discomfort caused by illness or injury;
[count noun] a feeling of marked discomfort in a particular part of the body; mental suffering or distress; an annoying or tedious person or thing

PAIN > noun 2 (pains)
careful effort; great care or trouble

PAINE, THOMAS > (1737-1809) English political writer. His pamphlet Common Sense (1776) called for American independence and The Rights of Man (1791) defended the French Revolution. His radical views prompted the British government to indict him for treason and he fled to France. Other notable works: The Age of Reason (1794)

*Thank you, Oxford!*

ever read de profundis by oscar wilde?

For this reason there is no truth comparable to sorrow. There are times when sorrow seems to me to be the only truth. Other things may be illusions of the eye or the appetite, made to blind the one and cloy the other, but out of sorrow have the worlds been built, and at the birth of a child or a star there is pain.
Behind joy and laughter there may be a temperament, coarse, hard and callous. But behind sorrow there is always sorrow. Pain, unlike pleasure, wears no mask.
More than this, there is about sorrow an intense, an extraordinary reality. I have said of myself that I was one who stood in symbolic relations to the art and culture of my age. There is not a single wretched man in this wretched place along with me who does not stand in symbolic relation to the very secret of life. For the secret of life is suffering. It is what is hidden behind everything. When we begin to live, what is sweet is so sweet to us, and what is bitter so bitter, that we inevitably direct all our desires towards pleasures, and seek not merely for a 'month or twain to feed on honeycomb,' but for all our years to taste no other food, ignorant all the while that we may really be starving the soul.

...to make my friends walk slowly in sadness with me: to teach them that melancholy is the true secret of life: to maim them with an alien sorrow: to mar them with my own pain.

Oscar Wilde

Dhatura said:
This way:

SORROW > noun [mass noun]
a feeling of deep distress caused by loss, disappointment, or other misfortune suffered by oneself or others

PAIN > noun 1
[mass noun] physical suffering or discomfort caused by illness or injury;
[count noun] a feeling of marked discomfort in a particular part of the body; mental suffering or distress; an annoying or tedious person or thing

PAIN > noun 2 (pains)
careful effort; great care or trouble

PAINE, THOMAS > (1737-1809) English political writer. His pamphlet Common Sense (1776) called for American independence and The Rights of Man (1791) defended the French Revolution. His radical views

prompted the British government to indict him for treason and he fled to France. Other notable works: The Age of Reason (1794)

*Thank you, Oxford!*

You've got to be shitting me... you are so getting passe the point here. Sorrow in my mind is simply another form of pain, and there are many who would agree with me... but I am not looking for that. Nor am I really here to debate. Just stating what I feel, no need to be technical, its a waste of time