10 things worth living for

Alwin said:
as i read the posts on this topic i realised i have nothing to add
danny said it all for me

the choice now is to feel frustrated cause i cannot leave my mark (ego) or to feel love cause there are more people connecting to harmony (self) - today i'm drawn towards the 2nd option

translate please ;)

:) glad to hear it...
i live for little things, sharing chocolate, sweets or ciggerettes with strangers, giving up your seat for someone on the bus, pulling tongues at people to make them smile. waving at children when they stare at my lip stud - thats always good. i guess all these are incorporated in 'love' as danny so adimantly stated.

autumnsphere said:
translate please ;)
read Jung and graduately you'll sense the meaning....

you may start with "Man and his symbols"

class dismissed :err:

blackeyed said:
:) glad to hear it...
i live for little things, sharing chocolate, sweets or ciggerettes with strangers, giving up your seat for someone on the bus, pulling tongues at people to make them smile. waving at children when they stare at my lip stud - thats always good. i guess all these are incorporated in 'love' as danny so adimantly stated.
o yeah, the L, the O, the V and E are in there :)

Alwin said:
read Jung and graduately you'll sense the meaning....

you may start with "Man and his symbols"

class dismissed :err:

got enough of him last year, i'm studying philosophy. but his dream theоries are amazing tho. i've been always interested in dreams and subconsciousness.

autumnsphere said:
got enough of him last year, i'm studying philosophy. but his dream theоries are amazing tho. i've been always interested in dreams and subconsciousness.
but then you know about the ego and the self don't you?

WAS IST DAS ICH?

The interesting thing is that for Jung the ego is consciousness. You must be aware of who you are. But the problem is that this ego focus is not selflessness and love. You have to find the balance where psyche meets sensation.

i got this biography about Jung for my b'day - havent really properly laid eyes on it, just read the 1st 50 introductory pages...

elaborate on Jung pls :)

This all argument about love and being loved and loving ourselves -- it's all too theoretical. It all depends on the situation, what's the point of analyzing love if there's no one to love?

I love someone if I feel s/he loves me, that's all right, but it's all reciprocal. In most cases it doesn't work though :) When it does, I always go :eek: with amazement.

But I don't think uncertainty is THE thing about love. Uncertainty makes me feel mad, even worse than being sad. I hate uncertainty.

=1st) Love & Sex (you can argue all you like about the diff. between the two!)
2) A nice frosty pint (or two) after a hard days work
3) Thursday nights drinkin & clubbin with me mates
4) Seeing a band you love playing live for the 1st time
5) Standing on top of somewhere like Calton Hill Listening to Anathema
6) Cooking (& making a mess)
7) Me mad pets
8) Watching the sunrise
9) Any of the above plus a good smoke
10) Do I need anything else?!

blackeyed said:
waving at children when they stare at my lip stud - thats always good.

i saw a kid singing, laughing and jumping today and i thought "This is it". Chldren are a miracle. i'm always astounded at children. As if there was something really supernatural about them.

blackeyed said:
:

Yeah, the little things do it for me too. A warm bath after a hard days work, someone to care for, a good conversation, spinning laughing dancing to my favorite song,... and sharing all these little things with someone I love.

:D :Spin: ......yeah children are the best, i try to retain as much of me as a child as i possibly can (although it can be viewed as naivity) i see the same kids in work alot, shopping with their parents...one little girl was in on sunday. i said to her 'i remember you from last time' and she no you dont' and the she asked whos mummy i was :lol: i said nobodys and she asked 'why not?' - what struck me was that she saw me as an adult, assumed i had a child......kinda scarey because it doesnt seem too long ago that i was looking at adults as a separate set of people.

10 things in no particular order

1. duct tape
2. knowledge
3. procrastination
4. a cold beer
5. women (some)
6. music
7. reproduction
8. forests
9. animals
10. to be part of a hive-mind with a higher consciousness

blackeyed said:
:D :Spin: ......yeah children are the best, i try to retain as much of me as a child as i possibly can (although it can be viewed as naivity) i see the same kids in work alot, shopping with their parents...one little girl was in on sunday. i said to her 'i remember you from last time' and she no you dont' and the she asked whos mummy i was :lol: i said nobodys and she asked 'why not?' - what struck me was that she saw me as an adult, assumed i had a child......kinda scarey because it doesnt seem too long ago that i was looking at adults as a separate set of people.

A marvellous quote:

"What brings this on is something that happened to me at the local supermarket today. (No new paragraph. I'll spare you that.) I was standing at the meat counter, waiting for some rib lamb chops to be cut. A young mother and her little girl were waiting around, too. The little girl was about four, and, to pass the time, she leaned her back against the glass showcase and stared up at my unshaven face. I told her she was about the prettiest little girl I'd seen all day. Which made sense to her; she nodded. I said I'd bet she had a lot of boy friends. I got the same nod again. I asked her how many boy friends she had. She held up two fingers. "Two!" I said. "That's a lot of boy friends. What are their names, sweetheart?" Said she, in a piercing voice, "Bobby and Dorothy." I grabbed my lamb chops and ran. But that's exactly what brought on this letter--much more than Bessie's insistence that I write to you about Ph.D.s and acting. That, and a haiku-style poem I found in the hotel room where Seymour shot himself. It was written in pencil on the desk blotter: "The little girl on the plane/ Who turned her doll's head around/ To look at me." With these two things on my mind, I thought as I was driving home from the supermarket that at long last I could write to you and tell you why S. and I took over your and Franny's education as early and as highhandedly as we did. We've never put it into words for you, and I think it's high time one of us did. But now I'm not so sure I can do it. The little girl at the meat counter is gone, and I can't quite see the polite face of the little doll on the plane. And the old horror of being a professional writer, and the usual stench of words that goes with it, is beginning to drive me out of my seat. It seems terribly important to try, though."

J.D.Salinger
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

blackeyed said:
i like. what is it from?

"Franny and Zooey"
It's an amazing book. Read it!
Another great quote (about criticism and university and academic shit):

"...the really good boys - Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, Shakespeare, for Chrissake - were such goddam word-squeezers. The just wrote. Know what I mean?"