20 Questions...

Angels and Demons is better than The Da Vinci Code in my opinion. Deception Point is quite good too.

The great thing about his writing is that he makes it all seem very believable... and considering the topics he's writing about, the books become very gripping because of that.

Yeah, I preferred Angels & Demons too. I was *this close* to throwing Deception Point at the wall when I was reading it because it was so annoying, but I was at work and I didn't want to make a scene.

I have Digital Fortress but haven't read it yet.

1. What are you currently up to? Anything interesting?
Wasting time at uni, but also trying to write a presentation I have to give in a few weeks and sticking in my clones for sequencing. Woo. But mostly just wasting time.

2. On a scale of 1 to 10, rate the following vocalists
Milli Vanilli: 5
Ashlee Simpson: 1
Vince Neil : 7
Alexei Laiho: 5
Nocturno Culto: 3? Haven't heard much Darkthrone. I'm sure he screeches alot.
David Vincent: Haven't heard much Morbid Angel either.
John Williams: Ha. 4
The big guy in the three tenors. Pavarotti? I guess he can sing pretty well so 10.

3. Are Motley Crue the biggest sellout pussies ever or what? Dragging poor Mick out on a tour that will in all probability kill him, they all needed seperate buses because they hate each other so much and its obvious it was put together hastily to make one last massive cash grab from "the kids".
Possibly, but I'd still go see them if they came.

4. If your most desired person on the planet (whoever that may be) asked you to make sweet, sweet love to them and nobody would EVER, EVER find out, but you were happily married/seeing a lovely partner, would you? WELL?
Yeah, because they would be one and the same person.

5. Whats your favourite song of all time at the moment? Please write only one, dont be a dick and list 10 and then say you cant pick. Just pick one. ONE. 1. Uno. Ein. Its not hard *Giggle*
I choose Aloha Steve and Danno by Radio Birdman.

6. Looking at society, you can certainly make a case for saying that mankind in general has gotten more and more violent and mean over time. You cant leave your house unlocked like you could in the 40s (or whenever), so does this mean that sooner or later it will reach critical mass and we will kill ourselves in a violent orgy of self destruction?
No.

7. Are metalheads, in general, quite stupid?
Nah.

8. Is Australia winning all the time bad for Test Cricket? Will they change the rules to try and stop Australia from completely dominating?
Cricket. Pffft.

9. Whats your favourite colour? Why?
Blue, because it's nice and cooling and also the same colour as the sky and a nice sea.

10. How funny, on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being snorefest, 10 being cackfest, was the Immortal video I posted the other day?
10, all the way.

11. Is Jessica Simpson really as dumb as she makes out, or is she in fact putting some of it on to play up to the "im a stupid bimbo *giggle*" thing, like I suspect? (Like Ashlee did on Big Brother). If she is, does that make her clever, or even stupider for acting stupid?
She probably is that stupid.

12. Is Ronnie James Dio some kind of Lovecraftian immortal being? If so, will he eventually be the only one left standing? How can he sing so well at 64? Its inhuman. Even a piece of steel is less metal than RJD.
Perhaps. Maybe. I have no idea. Yes it is inhuman. Not sure about the piece of steel thing though.

13. Dream Theater would be a HELL of a lot better if they didnt keep throwing in wanky time changes and stuff into their music to show how clever they are. Discuss.
But if they stopped doing that they would cease to be Dream Theatre. Is that what you really want spawn?

14. Is Black Metal an egalitarian, nihilistic, hate spawning, anti religious movement dedicated to bringing chaos and destruction to the world and promoting the rise of Satanism or, is it a bunch of young kids in Halloween costumes who cant play their instruments, cant sing and cant write songs, who use crap production to cover their incompetence and then say its for "atmosphere"?
What Goreripper said.

15. Dream Theater doing an honest to goodness full on Black Metal album. Corpse paint and everything. How good would it be? Discuss.
It would be pretty funny.

16. Why dont more people like Immortal? THEY FUCKING RULE. At The Heart Of Winter is one of the greatest albums of ALL TIME. Is it the wizards hat?
Because they take themselves and their metal too seriously.

17. At this point in time, what are the greatest 5 albums EVER recorded to you?
This is too hard. Instead I will choose 5 CDs in my CD case I listen to alot:
Pixies - Bossa Nova, Opeth - My Arms Your Hearse, Impaled Nazarene - Ugra Karma, Best of - Hard-Ons, Best of - Radio Birdman.

18. Please rate the chances of the following reunions (i.e. all original members) happening, 1 being never, 10 being certainy.
- Guns And Roses: 2
- Skid Row: 2
- Sepultura: 3
- Immortal: 2
- KISS: 10
- Carcass: 2
- Odin (They can still make it!): 2
- Emperor: 1
- WASP: 10, aren't they touring at the moment? Wait a minute, all original members. Then I'll make it 2.
- Midnight Oil: 7

19. Is "SLAYER!" (screamed very loudly) the immortal metal chant that everyone who loves metal knows, whether they like the band or not?
No. It is "METAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL!" screamed very loudly and highly.

20. HAPPY! :mad:
Why yes, yes I am. Who knows, in response to your original question. I just finished reading The DaVinci Code actually. It was ok. The ending was a bit of a flop I thought, not in a bad way, but near the end it lost the fast pace and compellingness that it had at the start. I was hoping for a blockbuster revelation and some last minute action but it was all a bit wishy-washy.

Why yes Gorey, I have my ticket right here :)
I only started listening to em a little while ago, but they are rocking my socks alot.

Frente are also playing in Brisbane the night before Radio Birdman. What a top week that will be.

Trying to set up a HTTP server on my computer... I got the server to work, but can't figure out where to change the MySQL password to deny access to whoever happens to access it.

Milli Vanill - ?
Ashlee Simpson - 0
Vince Neil - 0
Alexei Laiho - ?
Nocturno Culto - ?
David Vincent - ?
John Williams - 2
The big guy in the three tenors - 1

3. Are Motley Crue the biggest sellout pussies ever or what? Dragging poor Mick out on a tour that will in all probability kill him, they all needed seperate buses because they hate each other so much and its obvious it was put together hastily to make one last massive cash grab from "the kids".

Who gives a shit? Motley Crue have always been gay.

4. If your most desired person on the planet (whoever that may be) asked you to make sweet, sweet love to them and nobody would EVER, EVER find out, but you were happily married/seeing a lovely partner, would you? WELL?

IF I was ever married, it would be to the person I most desire... so yes.

5. Whats your favourite song of all time at the moment? Please write only one, dont be a dick and list 10 and then say you cant pick. Just pick one. ONE. 1. Uno. Ein. Its not hard *Giggle*

Porcupine Tree - Blackest Eyes

6. Looking at society, you can certainly make a case for saying that mankind in general has gotten more and more violent and mean over time. You cant leave your house unlocked like you could in the 40s (or whenever), so does this mean that sooner or later it will reach critical mass and we will kill ourselves in a violent orgy of self destruction?

Who am I, Einstein?

Yes.

8. Is Australia winning all the time bad for Test Cricket? Will they change the rules to try and stop Australia from completely dominating?

They would never change the rules in any major way... the Windies of the 70s and 80s and Australia of the 30s and 40s all had minor rule tweaks inacted because of the way they played, but the current Australian team just plays cricket better than anyone else... they don't have any dodgy techniques or anything.

Green, and who ever knows why the like a certain colour?

10. How funny, on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being snorefest, 10 being cackfest, was the Immortal video I posted the other day?

I didn't see it, but Immortal are always at least a 9 in funniness because they're just so gay.

11. Is Jessica Simpson really as dumb as she makes out, or is she in fact putting some of it on to play up to the "im a stupid bimbo *giggle*" thing, like I suspect? (Like Ashlee did on Big Brother). If she is, does that make her clever, or even stupider for acting stupid?

Who gives a fuck... she's hot!

12. Is Ronnie James Dio some kind of Lovecraftian immortal being? If so, will he eventually be the only one left standing? How can he sing so well at 64? Its inhuman. Even a piece of steel is less metal than RJD.

If he comes from another planet, that must be a short-ass planet.

13. Dream Theater would be a HELL of a lot better if they didnt keep throwing in wanky time changes and stuff into their music to show how clever they are. Discuss.

You're a tool.

14. Is Black Metal an egalitarian, nihilistic, hate spawning, anti religious movement dedicated to bringing chaos and destruction to the world and promoting the rise of Satanism or, is it a bunch of young kids in Halloween costumes who cant play their instruments, cant sing and cant write songs, who use crap production to cover their incompetence and then say its for "atmosphere"?

The second one. Bunch of posers.

15. Dream Theater doing an honest to goodness full on Black Metal album. Corpse paint and everything. How good would it be? Discuss.

It would be crap, just like every other black metal release out there.

16. Why dont more people like Immortal? THEY FUCKING RULE. At The Heart Of Winter is one of the greatest albums of ALL TIME. Is it the wizards hat?

Immortal are gay.

Porcupine Tree - In Absentia
Dream Theater - Scenes From A Memory
TransAtlantic - Bridge Across Forever
Dream Theater - Awake
Pain of Salvation - Remedy Lane

18. Please rate the chances of the following reunions (i.e. all original members) happening, 1 being never, 10 being certainy.
- Guns And Roses - 0 (that's less than 1!)
- Skid Row - who gives a toss
- Sepultura - who gives a toss
- Immortal - who gives a toss
- KISS - who gives a toss
- Carcass - who gives a toss
- Odin (They can still make it!) - who gives a toss
- Emperor - who gives a toss
- WASP - who gives a toss
- Midnight Oil - who gives a toss

19. Is "SLAYER!" (screamed very loudly) the immortal metal chant that everyone who loves metal knows, whether they like the band or not?

Slayer are gay.

20. HAPPY!

You are gay.

Kem said:
I choose Aloha Steve and Danno by Radio Birdman.
Kem, I wanna say thankyou, for all you've done for me.

Working alot, drinking alot, partying alot, finishing cutting the first Deadthings video clip, and casting for The Warrior.

Milli Vanill
Ashlee Simpson - Who?
Vince Neil - 8, not for his vocal talent, but for the sound of his voice & his attitude
Alexei Laiho - 1
Nocturno Culto - Who?
David Vincent - Who?
John Williams - That country singer or whatever? Haha.
The big guy in the three tenors - Well probably a 10 for vocal ability but not my thing.

Doesn't bother me. I'll be there with bells on. Nikki can still rock hard live, I'm sure Tommy is still an amazing performer, Mick never moved on stage anyway, so as long as Vince cleans himself up a bit it will be fine. Who cares if its for money if there is a demand for it.

I wouldn't marry somebody unless they were the person I desired the most; and if I get a chance with the person I desire the most while seeing someone else then I really shouldn't be with the person I'm seeing and should hook up with the other one, otherwise I'm living a lie. You only have one life so I wouldn't waste it on someone who I obviously shouldn't be with if I want someone else.

Ummm... I'll choose Crown Of Thorns - The Rain

No and I don't really care

Nope. Opinionated though..

Hahahaha! We gotta be the best at something..

Hot pink coz it looks cool in the Boyz Are Gonna Rock video clip and hot pink guitars look awesome against black leather.

I didn't watch it.

She plays it up. She is a bit stupid but I think it worked well for her and she is at least smart enough to be aware that it was working for her so she's cashing in on it.

Haha. I don't know how to answer this. Guess he just looked after his voice.

Agreed. When they do a rockin' song like Pull Me Under they are good. Most of the time they aren't good. The idea of being a good musician is that it gives you the tools to bring the best out of the songs, not to write songs around showing off what you can do. Queensryche are amazing musicians and if you listen to Mindcrime, its a perfect example of them having the tools there to be used when needed to bring the best out of great songs. Dream Theater have those tools too but they don't have the songwriting skills. Or maybe they do and they just don't use them enough.

It's a bunch of young kids in Halloween costumes who cant play their instruments, cant sing and cant write songs, who use crap production to cover their incompetence and then say its for "atmosphere" who THINK they are an egalitarian, nihilistic, hate spawning, anti religious movement dedicated to bringing chaos and destruction to the world and promoting the rise of Satanism.

Shocking.

I don't know it and don't wanna.

Vinnie Vincent Invasion - S/T
Vain - No Respect
Queensyche - Operation: Mindcrime
Shotgun Messiah - S/T
Kane Roberts - Saints & Sinners

1 - Guns And Roses
4 - Skid Row
? - Sepultura
? - Immortal
9 - KISS
? - Carcass
1 - Odin (They can still make it!) - Hahahaha!
? - Emperor
5 - WASP
? - Midnight Oil

I don't scream it.

20. HAPPY!
Not really, I have a headache.

No problem Koichi.

Trent, you should listen to Immortal and you should like it. Because I tell you too, and also because they are good and do silly things like singing behind frosty perspex pretending it is ice.

Immortal%20-%20Grim%20and%20Frostbitten%20Kingdoms_3.JPG

plattopus said:
The big guy in the three tenors - 1

Who gives a shit? Motley Crue have always been gay.

Who am I, Einstein?

Who gives a fuck... she's hot!

You're a tool.

The second one. Bunch of posers.

It would be crap, just like every other black metal release out there.

Immortal are gay.

- Skid Row - who gives a toss
- Sepultura - who gives a toss
- Immortal - who gives a toss
- KISS - who gives a toss
- Carcass - who gives a toss
- Odin (They can still make it!) - who gives a toss
- Emperor - who gives a toss
- WASP - who gives a toss
- Midnight Oil - who gives a toss

Slayer are gay.

You are gay.
That's the spirit.

Nothing interesting. Working. Jamming with some young technical metal guys.

Milli Vanill - 5
Ashlee Simpson - 3
Vince Neil - 6
Alexei Laiho - 5
Nocturno Culto - 10
David Vincent - 10
John Williams - 5
The big guy in the three tenors. - 10

Ok.

No.

Gwen Stefani - What You Waiting For

We will kill ourselves.

I don't generalize.

I hope not.

Black. Because I like it.

I don't fucking care.

Yeah, he's fucking awesome

If you don't like it, listen to something else.

Neither.

Interesting.

I like Immortal.

Anthrax - Among The Living
Anthrax - Persistance Of Time
Peter Gabriel - So
Napalm Death - Scum
Spiral Architect - A Sceptic's Universe

- Guns And Roses - 0
- Skid Row - 0
- Sepultura - 5
- Immortal - 5
- KISS - 0
- Carcass - 0
- Odin (They can still make it!) - 0
- Emperor - 0
- WASP - 0
- Midnight Oil - 0

No. It is for idiots.

20. HAPPY!

Fuck you.

Uhhh, finished my second Tank Space song the other day... http://www.soundclick.com/tankspace/ if anyone's interested. It's called "Fish Fountain" Apart from that not much really. Finding a job.

Milli Vanill - 0
Ashlee Simpson - 0
Vince Neil - 8
Alexei Laiho - 3
Nocturno Culto - 2
David Vincent - 3
John Williams - 3
The big guy in the three tenors. - 5

It's annoying, especially with their new gay song, but Mick Mars is still awesome.

*answers the same as everyone else*

Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven, but it's always going to be that.

Currently I'm listening to... Extreme - Song For Love more than other songs.

I am not going to read that, not because I can't be bothered, but because I'm grim or something.

yep!

Nope!

Grey. or Orange. or Mustard. or White. or Red. or Green. probably in that order. Blue's pretty awesome too.

Umm, crazy go funny.

She's dumb, but she's so dumb she thinks that acting dumb isn't dumb.

HES GOING TO DIE TOMORROW.

I agree massively, I don't like it when they throw in weird time things just for the sake of it, instead of for the good of the song.

I can't take it seriously, but I know people who do so good for them. I think their is a lot of awesome sounding shit in there though...

Couldn't care less.

WINTER OF THE AGES is a rad song.

Led Zeppelin - IV
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Metallica - Ride the Lightning
Type O Negative - October Rust
Chris Vrenna - American McGee's Alice Soundtrack/Score

^ In that Order ^

- Guns And Roses - 0
- Skid Row - 0
- Sepultura - 0
- Immortal - 0
- KISS - 5
- Carcass - 0
- Odin (They can still make it!) - 0
- Emperor - 0
- WASP - 0
- Midnight Oil - 0

I don't chant it.

20. HAPPY!

No, I jerk off instead.

Came round to see my mum.

Milli Vanill - the real singers - 6, but the music sucked
Ashlee Simpson - ?
Vince Neil - 6
Alexei Laiho - ?
Nocturno Culto - did you say he's from Dark Throne? If so, 1.
David Vincent - ?
John Williams - ?
The big guy in the three tenors. - 10

If it's good enough for KISS....

I suppose I should say no really, shouldn't I?! :)

Guns n' Roses - Welcome to the Jungle

Depends. More than in the 50s perhaps, but not compared to centuries past.

Not in general, no. There are a lot of smart ones. The average pop listening fan certainly isn't any more intelligent than the average metalhead.

Australia winning all the time is certainly bad for cricket, but it's not their fault. It's up to everyone else to catch up. Thankfully England almost have, and with any luck will win back the Ashes later in the year. :)

Royal blue, because that's the colour of the mighty Everton FC.

Haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Dumb dumb dumb.

He's a freak of nature.

Yeah there are times I wish they'd stick to a simpler song structure, but the complex ones can also rock at times.

Bit of both really.

I'd like to hear that - it'd be very interesting.

16. Why dont more people like Immortal? THEY FUCKING RULE. At The Heart Of Winter is one of the greatest albums of ALL TIME. Is it the waizards hat?

They're hilarious.

Guns n' Roses - Appetite for Destruction
At the Gates - Slaughter of the Soul
Death - Symbolic
Opeth - My Arms, Your Hearse
Carcass - Necroticism

- Guns And Roses 1
- Skid Row 5
- Sepultura 6
- Immortal ?
- KISS 7
- Carcass 2 (especially given Ken's health)
- Odin (They can still make it!) ?
- Emperor no idea
- WASP ?
- Midnight Oil 7

I wouldn't go that far.

20. HAPPY!

I'm waiting for the edition of the Davinci Code with authentic photos of Jesus to come out before I read it.

Organising the babies room.

Milli Vanill - 1
Ashlee Simpson - 4 (ok she fucked up but she actually is a good singer)
Vince Neil - 6
Alexei Laiho - know who he is but can't score
Nocturno Culto - who?
David Vincent - who?
John Williams - if it is the country singer 3
The big guy in the three tenors. - stupid question 10

Well yes and no. It is highly possible the tour will get no further than a few dates, but KISS keep doing it over and over and that's plain boring now.
Sorry Brian but yes I have waited 20yrs for the moment. But then again if I was in the monet who knows how I would react.
I can leave my house totally open as well as the car and do the shopping with windows down etc.
No
How absurd...Australia just have dedicated themselves a lot more.
Purple-the colour royalty and higher senses etc.
didn't look at it.
I definately think she is one dumb blonde.

Then they wouldn't be Dream Theater!
Bunch of kids in Halloween costums etc.
That would be pathetic and pointless.
Because that type of noise does not interest intellegent people such as myself.
Bon Jovi- New Jersey
Dungeon- One Step Beyond
Pink Floyd- The Wall
Guns n Roses- Appetite For Destruction
Steve Vai- Passion and Warfare
- Guns And Roses - 1
- Skid Row - 1
- Sepultura - 2
- Immortal - don't know them so can't rate
- KISS - 2 Ace is way to fucked in comparrison to that young scallywag they have employed
- Carcass - don't care
- Odin (They can still make it!)-1
- Emperor - don't care
- WASP - 2
- Midnight Oil - well it is happening in a couple of weeks so 10

what a dumb ass thing to even imply.
20. HAPPY!
Yep!