2015 Albums Thread

So...how about that new Iron Maiden?

album is very good except a last "big shit epic" song..its very bad, big dissapointment..without that song its very solid maiden record, first song is great, book of souls and man of sorrows my favourites

I'm just listening to it for the second time! First thing that comes to mind is that it sounds like 80's Maiden in quite a few places. I'm no expert on the albums that came after Fear of the Dark, but as far as I've heard that classic Maiden sound was mostly absent since. Second thing that comes to mind is that it's A LOT to take in. I don't want to shoot any songs down at this point, I barely know them, but I wonder if it wouldn't have been better if there were less songs.

Will come back for a better review in a few weeks I think. It sounds pleasant enough for more spins.

It's definitely a lot to take in, but it's worth it. I've listened about 7 times through and I highly recommend taking a short break in between discs 1 and 2.

album is very good except a last "big shit epic" song..its very bad, big dissapointment..without that song its very solid maiden record, first song is great, book of souls and man of sorrows my favourites

Empire of the Clouds is such a daring song for the band and I love it.

I would give it 8 out of 10. It could've been a masterpiece, but it is still surprisingly good.

I'd say it's certainly their strongest since Brave New World (which I rank as Maiden's 2nd best album of all time). It might even be stronger.

Yeah, Seventh Son and Brave New World are my top two Maiden albums. This will probably end up placing third. I really, really like it. The reunion albums have been hit or miss, they are either great all around (BNW, AMOLAD, TBOS) or full of some amazing songs and some very mediocre/bad songs (DoD, TFF).

The new Scale the Summit album V came out today. Wonderful stuff as always if you like instrumental music.

Anyone got the new Stratovarious album?

It's very good and boasts some superb guitar solos

"stone roses edge" from the upcoming vanden plas 's "netherworld 2",check the video .stunning,album will come out in november

Zierler - Esc is out now. Finn Zierler did an awesome job together with some other incredible musicians, as always. The only difference is that, this album includes far less "easy listening" parts. Quite sophisticated stuff, requires high concentration while listening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Decided to check out this new Zeirler (who is this guy?) because it sounded intriguing. Yep, I'm confused.

The guy behind Beyond Twilight. You should check out The Devil's Hall of Fame, it's good. Weird, but good.

Yeah, Seventh Son and Brave New World are my top two Maiden albums. This will probably end up placing third. I really, really like it. The reunion albums have been hit or miss, they are either great all around (BNW, AMOLAD, TBOS) or full of some amazing songs and some very mediocre/bad songs (DoD, TFF).

Personally I think Book of Souls has as many great songs as it has discs. But that's just me.

If anyone hasn't checked out these guys yet, DO IT NOW!

Album of the year. Breathtaking.

The guy behind Beyond Twilight. You should check out The Devil's Hall of Fame, it's good. Weird, but good.

Personally I think Book of Souls has as many great songs as it has discs. But that's just me.

Devil's is great, but I actually prefer Section X. I know I'm one of few, but I just prefer it. It's equally as weird... but there's something about BT that makes me enjoy them. Sometimes, things just click.
I know Jorn in on Devil's, and he's amazing, but Kelly also does a great job on X. The cameo from Circus's singer on Sleeping Beauty is a nice touch :)
Actually, that song is great overall... here you go, gents!