UK Tour Thread 2016

Evileddie

New Metal Member
Oct 9, 2015
Hi everybody first post on here so be gentle...

I have literally been listening to Symphony X for about 2 weeks! I first heard of them on a Iron Maiden thread where they were discussing bands that deserve more recognition than they get and Symphony X was mentioned. I admit to not really being into prog rock, always followed mainstream Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Disturbed, Paradise Lost (The band) etc...
So when someone mentioned Symphony X I thought why not! I haven't listened to everything properly as I think songs grow on you over time but the songs that stick out so far are Paradise Lost, Legend, Iconoclast, Accolade, When all is lost (Probably my most listened to at the moment!), Sea of Lies and a few others. I have lots of listening ahead and can't wait as SX are amazing so far and I can't believe I have lived my life until now without knowing this amazing band!

Anyway I am so looking forward to seeing them in the UK in February and will probably go to 2 of their shows Wolverhampton and probably Manchester, Who else is going from the UK? Is the current set list set or do they throw in some surprises??

A bit off topic, but still considering their europe tour. I cant believe they are not coming to finland or sweden, the closest being denmark. Maybe they have bad experience about finland since once they were touring here with DT and the crowd didnt exactly show that much respect. But anyway, there are tons of SX fans in finland, so I wish at some point they come here again.

Great post Evileddie. Very Maideny name may I say. I too am new to Symphony X. I've got several albums featuring Russell on vocals so I decided to check out his band and bought V at the beginning of this year. The rest of the albums shortly followed and it's been a fantastic journey as you are finding out. V takes some beating but for me Underworld has done that. Excellent album and I can't wait to see it promoted live.

I will certainly be going to a UK gig this year but still don't know which one. Bristol is near me but I am considering Manchester or Sheffield. Possibly Wolverhampton as The Robin is an excellent venue but it's my nephew's birthday that day and I might be otherwise engaged.

Off topic what do you think of the new Maiden album, Book of Lies? Iron Maiden are a great band but I have struggled to get into anything after the No Prayer for the Dying album with the exceptions of Brave New World and the excellent Dance of Death. I have heard that the production of the new album lets it down.

I agree I really rate Underworld and I have still not listened to it properly yet. These guys really don't get the recognition they deserve and I will be telling my mates about them.

Book of Souls is ok, the production is Raw to me and I agree that Dance of Death is great, probably my favourite album since seventh son definitely in my top 3 all time!

Definitely be at the Wolverhampton Gig and hope there's a good turn out!

Book of Souls. What an idiot I am. Book of Lies is a track from the excellent Wake The Sleeper album by Uriah Heep. Probably the worst track actually.

Seventh Son and Dance of Death are my favourite 2 Maiden albums, but the best track for me comes from Somewhere in Time - Alexander The Great.

London is looking like a strong candidate for me now for Symphony X in February.

Book of Souls. What an idiot I am. Book of Lies is a track from the excellent Wake The Sleeper album by Uriah Heep. Probably the worst track actually.

Seventh Son and Dance of Death are my favourite 2 Maiden albums, but the best track for me comes from Somewhere in Time - Alexander The Great.

London is looking like a strong candidate for me now for Symphony X in February.

I love Alexander the great, wouldn't say it was my favourite but it's up there!

Hope all the UK fans come out in force for the gigs, when was the last time they came to the UK??

Just picked up tickets for tonight's show in Wolverhampton! Saw the tour buses unloading, can't fucking wait until tonight!!!

Attachments

• 20160212_125303_001.jpg
    20160212_125303_001.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 2
they played whole Underworld album? is it true? plus out of the ashes, sea of lies and set the world.....wicked shit:D