2015 Albums Thread

new amorphis album set to release this year. also new iron maiden, i think there are 4 tracks over 10 minutes lol

Quite surprised by the new Riverside and Children of Bodom songs. I used to be a fan of COB, and I can be again if the album's gonna rock like this song does:

New Riverside song is also awesome. Quite atmospheric stuff, loved it:

Last edited by a moderator:
I might even say it's better than Skyforger. Skyforger was my favorite of theirs until this. Let's see if it's newness and it wears off, or if it stays.

I love Circle, just as I love Tuonela. They are "one of a kind" albums for me. Under the Red Cloud is very good, especially it gets better after the 3'rd song. I would say my favourite Joutsen era album of theirs is Circle, closely followed by Silent Waters and Eclipse. All in all, Amorphis never disappoints.

The new Amorphis IS indeed the best since Skyforger!

Anyone else hear it yet?

I wasn't impressed. It's like Amorphis has gotten stuck in a well and they're throwing albums out in hopes that someone will come rescue them.

Skyforger, and before it Eclipse, were the best things they've released BY FAR after their earlier heavier days. This new album is completely uninteresting rehash of earlier motifs, with less memorable melody. This, along with Circle & Silent Waters, are like albums of B-sides.

I wasn't impressed. It's like Amorphis has gotten stuck in a well and they're throwing albums out in hopes that someone will come rescue them.

Skyforger, and before it Eclipse, were the best things they've released BY FAR after their earlier heavier days. This new album is completely uninteresting rehash of earlier motifs, with less memorable melody. This, along with Circle & Silent Waters, are like albums of B-sides.

I should check out Skyforger. Not the first time I've seen its name kicked around.

If you haven't heard this yet, you should.

also this. This is the best video, but the whole album is sweet if you like 80s stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
So...how about that new Iron Maiden?

I'm just listening to it for the second time! First thing that comes to mind is that it sounds like 80's Maiden in quite a few places. I'm no expert on the albums that came after Fear of the Dark, but as far as I've heard that classic Maiden sound was mostly absent since. Second thing that comes to mind is that it's A LOT to take in. I don't want to shoot any songs down at this point, I barely know them, but I wonder if it wouldn't have been better if there were less songs.

Will come back for a better review in a few weeks I think. It sounds pleasant enough for more spins.