2015 Albums Thread

Wind Rose's sophomore is a good prog power metal album. I think it is neither better nor worse than their debut. I like their music, and although they are a promising band that can be better than this in the future, I'll continue to listen to their music even if they go on just like this.

Honestly the new Nightwish is actually decent as far as that sort of music goes. Definitely their best effort.
Too bad about the cringy Dawkins parts...

I gave Ghost Bath a spin but it was a little too slow for my taste. It's like Deafheaven without the speed.

The new Sigh is a bit of a let down. God-awful production.

Something I'm enjoying quite a bit is The Gentle Storm, that Arjen/Anneke van Giersbergen project. It has some Arjen-esque parts but in general it stand very well on its own and a pretty chillaxing album.

New Faith No More is good if you like Faith No More. It's like a cross between Angel Dust and Album of the Year.

The new Shining is good with the exception of a shitty ballad.

Keep of Kalessin is decent, but obviously not nearly as good as Armada.

Marduk's Frontschwein is probably Black Metal of the year so far, for me. But it's an extremely productive genre so there will probably something better by the year's end.

Tribulation's The Children of the Night is like a continuation of their previous album, albeit slightly weaker. Still very good. Could be a grower.

Wilderun is decent. They sound like they did on previous album.

Enslaved is very good.

Haven't given Moonspell a fair chance yet but the new album sounds a little too poppy for me.

There's an album called A Forest Of Stars - Beware The Sword You Cannot See which is getting a lot of hype. It's alright with the exception of some really stupid Bal-Sagoth'ian talking in the songs.

Alkaloid - The Malkuth Grimoire is another one. Techy metal. Not really my cup, but decent for what it is.

Honestly the new Nightwish is actually decent as far as that sort of music goes. Definitely their best effort.
Too bad about the cringy Dawkins parts...

What I have heard so far is the same repetition of straight rhythms with power chords on guitar and Hans Zimmer style ochestration. For me the best Nightwish albums will always be Oceanborn and Once.