2015 Albums Thread

I don't like the female vox and most songs sound very simplistic and poppy to me.

A weird comment. Most of the album is neither simplistic nor particularly poppy. And when it is, what's, you know whatever, I don't have the motivation to finish this answer. I guess I just am surprised that you wrote a weird comment that doesn't make much sense when I seem to have distinct memories of Phanto knowing what decent music is. The album's fine the way it is.

Didn't hear the new Enslaved yet. It's probably quite good.

A weird comment. Most of the album is neither simplistic nor particularly poppy. And when it is, what's, you know whatever, I don't have the motivation to finish this answer. I guess I just am surprised that you wrote a weird comment that doesn't make much sense when I seem to have distinct memories of Phanto knowing what decent music is. The album's fine the way it is.

lel m8

Have you guys heard the new Steven Wilson album Hand.Cannot.Erase.? It's really really good.

I'm 50/50 on this album. I HATE when artists write lyrics about technology. Mentioning CDs and downloads and Teh Webs is just a serious faux pas. It makes your work dated immediately, and passe in short order. The songs that aren't about tweets and shit are quite good. So 50/50.

Never gave a fuck about Nightwish

I'm 50/50 on this album. I HATE when artists write lyrics about technology. Mentioning CDs and downloads and Teh Webs is just a serious faux pas. It makes your work dated immediately, and passe in short order. The songs that aren't about tweets and shit are quite good. So 50/50.
This seems like a bit of an over-reaction. The lyrics use the word 'download' in a single song. Do you think it makes the work passe because shortly we won't be using computers anymore? Don't get me wrong, I think it's completely valid for someone to have opinions on these lyrical topics, I just think that saying 50% of the album is bad because of a single song using the verb 'download' is a bit harsh. "The songs that aren't about tweets and shit" are over 80% (minutes-wise) of the album.

Guys, have any of you heard the new album called Chapter One by Russell allen's new side project Level 10? I just did today, and wow. Just wow. Its like Adrenaline Mob but like, a thousand times better.

I mean, some songs are good.

But overall there's just too much weak poppy stuff. Listen to "Happy Returns." One of the worst Wilson tracks I've heard.

Happy Returns is a perfectly decent Steven Wilson track in the vein of his previous acoustic 'pop' tracks.

I think Happy Returns is in fact better than the title track, which one might call the other pop cut off of this.

I think it's also better than the 10 minute '3 years older' that pulls out all the prog cliches.

The Second half in general is better than the first. Ancestral is a lot better of the longer tracks. And again, Happy Returns is fine.

Happy Returns actually rivals Trains for what I consider to be the best Steven Wilson track.

Yeah, you know, I listened to it again with the lyrics now and I like it even more. As the unparalleled self-isolating under-achiever of my family I can relate to the song's narrator too! Hooray!

May not be everyone's cup of tea here but for the crowd that occasionally enjoys some melodic metalcore Wovenwar's debut album is pretty excellent. Basically As I Lay Dying's successor band with Shane Blay of Oh, Sleeper. Not too shabby for a sort of radio metal band (although I doubt they'll actually get any play).

This seems like a bit of an over-reaction. The lyrics use the word 'download' in a single song. Do you think it makes the work passe because shortly we won't be using computers anymore? Don't get me wrong, I think it's completely valid for someone to have opinions on these lyrical topics, I just think that saying 50% of the album is bad because of a single song using the verb 'download' is a bit harsh. "The songs that aren't about tweets and shit" are over 80% (minutes-wise) of the album.

It was more than one song that was dealing with current-era tech trends. One song can ruin a whole album for me, lyrically. This was pretty heinous. That said, the good does still outweigh the bad and I like the disc, over all.

"doo-loo-doo, da-la-dalaa" etc
that's cliché if anything.

honestly though, I had a Wilson period, but I've grown to not like him as much anymore.
there's a few songs from Grace for Drowning, and a song from Raven that I still frequent but that's it.

if I'm in a moody prog mood I'll just put on some Floyd.

amadeus awad's eon :the book of gates,featuring allen in very great shape (he's the pharaoh ),great prog metal in very sx vein

Really enjoying the new release from The Nerve Institute...

Looking forward to these two to arrive next week...

Art Of Illusion
Special Providence

45h1LOA.jpg

Nightwish's upcoming album seems listenable, judging from the 2 songs they shared. Not crazy about it, but it can be good.

Is the sound quality of the leak decent? As I'm not very much interested in what they did, but rather i may be interested in the new Nightwish album with a solid sound production.