2015 Albums Thread

I just finished listening through the new Nightwish album and am in total and complete awe at how good it is..

I certainly was never an overly huge Nightwish fan that just mindlessly loved anything they did, but I have to say this new album is truly the best thing they have done in a very long time. I thought Dark Passion Play was pretty good for the most part but really felt they were getting played out on Imaginareum. Imaginareum seemed to mostly be Tuomas jerking off to his obsession with movie scores and forgetting about the whole "band" aspect of songwriting. The few times on that album when there was some actual guitars and such it was very bland and derivative. So by the time I heard some months ago that there would be a new album early this year I sort of had lost hope, even with Floor becoming the new singer.

It is a bit early to really know yet, but I really feel this could end up being my favorite Nightwish album overall; however, this is coming from someone who is not a megafan or anything. If you are someone who liked Nightwish pretty well up until Tarja left (but didn't stop liking them solely because she left), you owe it to yourself to check this album out. I just feel that the album has great diversity throughout and that there is not a single bad song on it, and for me the conceptual material of the album helps make it that much greater.

Sound wise I would say the orchestral parts are used perfectly in accentuating the music without taking center stage. I would say its like they took the Wishmaster and Century Child era sound and mixed it with the orchestral stylings of Once. Will definately end up being my surprise hit of 2015 unless the SyX album can somehow manage to be at least close to as good as V, which we all know is laughable to even hope for...

I listened to Nightwish's leaked album, and didn't even enjoy it. Imaginaerum, Oceanborn are far more interesting albums of them IMO. I'm not a huge fan of the band either, but this one fails to attract my attention and unlike almost all their albums, it doesn't seem to offer a couple of great or fantastic songs. I only enjoyed Elan in the album. Hope that my opinion will change after some more listens, and this album will grow on me in time...

I didn't like Enslaved's album either. I think it used to be seen as an underrated band, and after people complained about this situation a lot, they seem to ironically become overrated. They're different and may be unique, but I don't generally like them at all.

Finally, Beardfish's new album is a great prog rock album. I don't know their pre-"Mammoth" albums, but their last 3 albums are all very good, and their latest seems to be the best among them.

I really like Comfortzone too. A good example of an album that doesn't necessarily bring anything "new" to the table, but is still good. Not sure if their best though, since I really like Mammoth and Sleeping in the traffic part 2 also.

This is like the first album I've heard from 2015 so I better check some more..

Nightwish has always been, in my opinion, that band you show your non-metal girlfriend to try and hook her into your interests. It's watered-down, lukewarm, half-assed music. I've never liked any of their offerings.

Nightwish has always been, in my opinion, that band you show your non-metal girlfriend to try and hook her into your interests. It's watered-down, lukewarm, half-assed music. I've never liked any of their offerings.

liar liar pants on fire.

you have liked Oceanborn at one time in your life. don't lie!

Never been too keen on Nightwish (though I do respect Holopainen's talent as a composer) and the lead single for the new album is definitely nothing spectacular. But Floor is easily my favourite singer of theirs.

Hand Cannot Erase is good stuff, 3 Years Older and Happy Returns are my favourites off the album, though I loathe the way Steven sings the word lie in the line "but that would be a lie". A small detail but goddamn it rubs me the wrong way. I wasn't into the whole toodoodoo-doodoon-ladown-dow-thing at first either but now I think it fits the mood of the song really well. Routine is probably the one I like least because it kind of feels out of place, it has more of a The Raven That Refused to Sing kind of vibe to me.

leprous's new song "the price"from the upcoming album,check the video,I'm getting very anxious,it's wonderful

https://www.youtube.com/embed/0G9Qd_84YZs

I don't know what the fuck the twitching girl has to do with anything, it seems like a shit video imo. The bass playing is pretty cool, but that keyboard patch is abysmal.

This isn't what I expected at all. Didn't they say they were going to go hard on this album? This is so... mainstream in a bad way. It's the kind of self-aggrandized faux "art" that is certainly the first thing I associate with Muse. shit music pretending it's intellectual and appealing to plebes who masquerade as iconoclasts. Leprous, you can do better than this.

I don't really care much about Leprous, so maybe that's why, but the song sounds fine to me.

I liked Bilateral in 2011, but I also haven't listened to it (or the band) since 2011, so I dunno.

I had to use dictionary to understand what Ken said, and in the end I agree. Although I've never liked any of their works; this one repells me too.

I wouldnt go that far and say Leprous sucks. But I must admit that even if they have some songs what are kind of unique sounding and catchy, I feel that their vocal and guitar melodies are kinda repetitive, in the same way than for example Tool has.

arena's "the unquiet sky",the return of new prog rock giants. Then go on facebook's page "nightingale approved by swano" and you can see their entire show done recently at evil horde festival.amazing,enjoy it