5/14 @ The Regency's Grand Ball Room

Ozzloaf

Art Geek
Jun 14, 2008
Anyone going to be at this show?

I'm a little surprised they chose this venue again because I didn't really like it last time. I was hoping for either The Fillmore (but I guess they're too big for that now...) or The Warfield. Maybe next time? Well, at least The Regency is very convenient...

If you see a short pudgy person with long dirty blond hair and a Still Life shirt then it's me... :p

Jake

I'll definitely be there. The place was awesome when Carcass came by, both times. I can just imagine how it'll be for Opeth.

Is anyone going to the Enslaved signing at Rasputin's SF? It's from 3-4. I can't go...

For those of you that are going to this show AND ordered PRESALE tickets through the opeth webpage, can you inform us of how your distribution went?

I went to the Boulder show on 5/9 and ordered presale tickets through the opeth site... we weren't able to pick up our will call tickets until doors opened. Wanting to see if this has been common on this tour.

decent show, enslaved owned but was greeted with zero crowd enthusiasm, oprth was good except for when per was way out of tune during hessian peel and mike's guitar started fading in and out at the beginning of closure

I agree with Widows Sulk. Enslaved was fucking amazing, and I greatly urge others to see them if they can. I was banging my head and dancing, but I'm not the most enthusiastic concertgoer out there; too old. Sound quality for the show was less than desirable, most notably, I think, Mikael's vocals during the chorus of "Godhead's Lament," which fucking owned by the way. But by the time they got to "'Credence Clearwater Revival,'" he sounded great. "Hessian Peel" is a killer track live.

Really good show. I don't think the setlist or sound was as good as the other ballroom show a couple months back, but fucking killer nonetheless. My body hurts, and it was really hard to get out of bed, which are all signs of a good show.

By the way ozzloaf, I was the dude next to you in the Porcupine Tree shirt. :)

I loved the setlist. The Closure jam was amazing, and fucking Godhead's Lament live was like christmas in fucking May. Meeting the band after the show was awesome. Everyone that was out there, all 12 or so of you guys and gals, were great company.

ohshit2.jpg

I went in thinking I wouldn't like Enslaved much, but the last 2 songs they played were pretty sweet. As for Opeth, I loved Godheads lament, the Closure jam and Hessian Peel. I hope they keep adding in stuff from their older albums. Kind of getting tired of Heir Apparent as the opener now, but I'm sure after this tour we'll have a new album and opener. I actually thought the sound was better this time, during the last Ballroom show I could barely hear anything but the bass for the first few songs. Overall, great experience like most Opeth shows. Can't wait for the next one.