5 bands you're THANKFUL to have SEEN at PP

1. Angra
2. Brainstorm (still my favorite set ever @ PP, the first time they played)
3. Nocturnal Rites
4. Mercenary
5. Symphony X @ PP1 (just cause it was the first time i'd ever seen my favorite band and I didn't think I'd ever get another chance)

DGM
Andromeda
Orphaned Land
Kamelot (with other singers)
Evergrey w/ ISoT set

1 - PC69 - Probably wouldn't have ever seen them live without PP.
2 - Nocturnal Rites - Same reason as PC69
3 - Nightwish - I was passingly familiar with their music going in to PPIV. A fan for life after.
4 - Delain - Same reasoning as PC69
5 - Epica - Couldn't get past the death metal vocals before seeing them live. Simone's performance of Solitary Ground won me over and now I love Consigned.
6 - Tie: Brainstorm/Tad Morose - Both absolutely fantastic, high-energy, crowd-pleasing performances by bands I was unfamiliar with at the time. Totally won me over.

Soon to be added to the list:

Pretty Maids - Seeing them will be a dream come true.
Serenity - I REALLY got into them when they were announced before and was crushed when they cancelled.

I have 9 based on the following criteria:
A. I like the band. There have been several "once in a lifetime" performances I couldn't care less about.
B. I had never seen them before.
C. Without a ProgPower appearance there would be little to no chance of ever seeing them, even in the future.
D. Their set wasn't disappointing.

1. Therion (x2) Completely different shows. Both awesome.
2. Brainstorm (PPUSA V).
3. Primal Fear.
4. Voyager.
5. Raintime.
6. Amorphis.
7. Orphaned Land.
8. Elvenking.
9. Wuthering Heights.

Just 5?
Seventh Wonder - don't think I ever would've seen them if it weren't for PPUSA and for a number of years I knew that and kept hoping they'd be in the announcement for the next year...
Circus Maximus - the band that convinced me I should start coming to PPUSA every year even if I didn't know the bands playing (though these days that hardly happens...my collection has grown very large...)
Riverside - I had one of their albums but didn't really appreciate it the way it deserved until I saw them play
Pagan's Mind
Orphaned Land

I could keep going for a while, but those are my top 5 I think.

yes, I know just 5.. lol... trust me my list would be much longer as I'm happy I was able to attend the fest for as long as I did (III-VII). I have been dying to return but ut has not been in the cards for me for stupid life reasons :loco:

The Sanctuary one killed me because I could not go and have never been able to see Dane live and he's always been one of my favorite singers.

I first came to PP because I was researching concert dates for bands I like, that I had never seen live, many of whom rarely come to the US. And one year I came across four that were going to be playing on Atlanta on the same day, what a strange coincidence.

Those four were:

Fates Warning
Circus Maximus
Pagan's Mind
Brainstorm

And the next year we added to the list another two bands that I wanted to see for a long time but thought I might never get the chance:

Leaves' Eyes
Tarot

Ok, that's six, but the point is this is why I'm so thankful that PP exists - being able to see bands that rarely, if ever, tour the US or may not come near me. Putting all that music in one place in a couple of days makes it somewhat more cost effective rather than flying all over the place to see a bunch of different artists.

Ihsahn
Voyager
Rage
Gamma Ray
Pain of Salvation
Amorphis
Orphaned Land
Sabaton
Stratovarius

Sorry, there's no way I could limit to 5 after going for 10 years. Getting the list to 9 was hard enough.