A brief note on the roster...

Meh. Let it go. If he didn't like Power Slave not much from Maiden is going to impress him.

How many spins did you give it? (I dont consider Powerslave their best anyhow...) I remember before I liked Maiden, I had Flight Of Icarus and one or two other songs on my computer. It took me awhile, I listened to it every now and then and just one day it clicked and I was like "holy shit!". While it just may end up not being your thing, I would give them more of a chance than just a few spins of Powerslave.

I thought it was rather good but I don't miss it or anything, idk never had a large interest in bands I usually cant see live(atleast for IM spending a shitton of $)

QFT :headbang:

...and a damn fine roster it is. Do I like every band on the roster? No. Do I ever? No. Will I give the bands a chance? Most of them, yes. There are a couple of them that I do not care for at all and probably never will. But you know what? There are others on the roster each night that more than make up for those.

Hoyt summed up my attitude. I am looking forward to this year because I always have a good time.

I've stated it before and other posts......Glenn, I can't thank you enough for bringing in Rob Fucking Rock!!!! This power metal geek is one happy fanboy!

No need to justify the rest of your lineup, either :)

Hoyt summed up my attitude. I am looking forward to this year because I always have a good time.

I couldn't have said it better. Good music Bad music, I have so much fun just being there. I'm thinking about replacing Christmas with Prog Power!!!!!!!!!!!After all, it's only once a year!:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Is great - a few that i LOVE, a few that I am familiar with (but not real familiar with), and some that are going to be totally new to me (at last when I get the cds).

I can sum up my thoughts on the lineup with one word - SCHWING!

Oh - and I get to be a sponsor for the first time :)
Jeff

personally, I love it when Glenn books bands I haven't heard before. I know it'll be fun getting to know them. When I tell people about ProgPower I usually follow up my fanboy ravings with "Glenn doesn't book shitty bands". Circus Maximus and Spheric Universe Experience are prime examples of bands that I drool over but would probably not have found out about had it not been for the way in which Glenn books bands. I'm only slightly familiar with Amorphis but if they're headlining, they oughta be worth something.

Thank you for this lineup Glenn! I have never been to a ProgPower and I've always been disappointed with that fact. But because Amorphis is headlining, I can now get my roommate (who loves death/thrash) to finally go to a festival with me (if I can get tickets that is).

Can't wait!

Now will I head down the death/doom/black/whatever road? Of course not. Prog & Power will always dominate, some years more than others. However, I cannot say that I may not dip my toes into the darker water whenever I feel it is appropriate and helpful with the roster.

...Enslaved for ProgPower X?

Or perhaps some Illnath? :heh:

I really like this festival. I always get introduced to at least one band I have never heard of before. Lance King sold me a Spheric Universe Experience CD last year and now I'm almost peeing in my pants because they're gonna be here. I can always count on being suprised and impressed by this festival. And I'm done sucking up :saint:

I couldn't have said it better. Good music Bad music, I have so much fun just being there. I'm thinking about replacing Christmas with Prog Power!!!!!!!!!!!After all, it's only once a year!:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

That is a great idea....We could wear Santa Hats and everything! We got vendors to supply us with all of our gift ideas, lots of booze and lots of friends, helluva Christmas :kickass:

*Imagining 900 Santa Hats rocking out to Iced Earth*
*Faints*

while most of the bands are not bands I like, I will definetly give props for making it interesting. I am a huge power metal fan but I think you definetly need diverse bands or else the night just sounds like the same band playing. The best part of fest is to have a great variety of acts playing. People are not going to like everything....believe me...I give the Powerfest guys so much shit everyday but I appreciate what they are doing. One day I will make it down to ProgPower.

This festival continues to be the best thing that has happened to the American Metal scene since the death of Metal as a commercially viable genre in the the late 80s / early 90s.

Never lose heart.:kickass:

Zod

I agree with you completely Zod. PPUSA is a true bastion of high-quality metal music amidst a wasteland of mediocrity. Defender of the Faith, Take Hold of the Flame, Up the Irons, Metal is Forever...All hail the Glenn! :kickass: :headbang: :kickass: :headbang: :kickass: :headbang:

while most of the bands are not bands I like, I will definetly give props for making it interesting. I am a huge power metal fan but I think you definetly need diverse bands or else the night just sounds like the same band playing. The best part of fest is to have a great variety of acts playing. People are not going to like everything....believe me...I give the Powerfest guys so much shit everyday but I appreciate what they are doing. One day I will make it down to ProgPower.
Wouldn't this be the year to make the trip .. with you loving Elvenking and all ?

Britt

why even bother justifying? you do what you do... some factions will be happy and some won't...

you know me... i show up no matter what... been there since PoS gave me goosebumps and Tom got his hair caught in the low ceilings at JJ Kelly's...
is this my fave line-up? nah... but it is for some people, and always will be for different people....and that is all that matters... that there are enough people who cream over whatever bands are offered up... and i think there always will be enough.

there seems to be those who are totally unfamiliar with amorphis, and may not stay long enough to give em a shot... i hope they do.... might be a pleasant surprise for them.

you said it yourself... you cant please em all.... keep on pleasing yourself... the rest will follow... :)