A Fragile Mind Review

Hey Jasun and crew,

I just wanted to drop in a post my congrats on another masterpiece!! Fred's voice fits PERFECTLY! I don't know how you guys do it! I'm looking forward to hearing you guys at PP again (hopefully 2006)! Perhaps, a tour sooner? Of course, now that you guys are getting all popular, you're making it hard for a brotha to practically sit on the stage like I did at the first PP! :headbang:

I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to post on our MySpace page. Yeah, one of those copies Matt picked up was for me since I couldn't make it down to Atlanta at the VERY last minute :( And there was no way I could wait until Tuesday for Ken to release it! And I'd definitely feel beyond honored to do some shows with you guys when you start playing! That would f**king RAWK! Hell, I'd be happy just seeing guys play again, but that would truly be sweet to work together!

Anyhow, I'm glad to see that you guys are up and running strong again! Take care and pass on the good word to your brothers in ZH!!!

YOU RULE RICK and it's great to see you on the forum brotha!!!! You're one of the coolest kats and it was way cool hanging out at PP1 and chatting at PP3.

Congrats with your band Odin's Court and I'm STOKED to hear your shredding it up. We'll Definately keep you kats in mind when ZH starts playing out again and getting out to the East Coast. The band hopes to have everything together to do a couple test-runs early 2006 hear in the Bay Area. Once we feel strong with our live performance we'll look into hitting the road.

YOU RULE RICK and it's great to hear from you.

Jasun/ZH

Just had my first listen to A Fragile Mind, really enjoyed. First of great production job by Dino, he must be one of the best producers in prog metal today, hey just one of the best producers.
Imoressed with Fred, strange not hearing Eric voice, but gives the music a different feel that should open up the fan base more.
I really enjoyed the atmospheric; almost cinematic feel in places mixed with that real heavy intensity that the band does so well. You guys ROCK!
Towers is still one of my all time fav albums so it was always going to be hard to follow on the heals. A fragile mind moves the band on, the sound has become tighter and more intense I am really looking forward to hearing you guys do this live. Any plans to do some gigs in Europe in 2006
As always Zero Hour rules

Thanks so much Spatch for the kind words and for supporting the band as always. I'm glad you dig the CD and ZH will start playing out in the States and Europe in 2006. What I can say is since you love "The Towers of Avarice" you will love the ZH 2006 release even more. (I think atleast) I really mean it when I say it's Towers on steroids and it's just non-stop TECH-HEAVY!!!

Dino is the best and is the only guy Zero Hour will go to.

Thanks so much brotha for letting us know Spatch, we really appreciate it.

Jasun/ZH

We just finished writing ALL the music for the next CD and the melodies and lyrics are 80% written.

We do have to workout the business end before recording the material. If that process isn't very complicated, Zero Hour WILL have a release in 2006. (Plus "A Fragile Mind" has to sell too lol.)

So many thank you's to everyone who does pick up a copy and supports us. We love making music for all of you.

Jasun/ZH

ZHJ&T said:
YOU RULE RICK and it's great to see you on the forum brotha!!!! You're one of the coolest kats and it was way cool hanging out at PP1 and chatting at PP3.

Congrats with your band Odin's Court and I'm STOKED to hear your shredding it up. We'll Definately keep you kats in mind when ZH starts playing out again and getting out to the East Coast. The band hopes to have everything together to do a couple test-runs early 2006 hear in the Bay Area. Once we feel strong with our live performance we'll look into hitting the road.

YOU RULE RICK and it's great to hear from you.

Jasun/ZH
Thanks dude! Hell yeah! Don't worry, I've been keeping my eye up here for a while! And as far as hanging at PP1 and PP3, I am the one honored to have had the time with you guys! And I didn't mind avoiding international incidents by saving the autographed picture Johann from PoS was holding that was snatched away by a very drunk Erik! :lol: Seriously though, beyond being awesome musicians, you and your band are awesome individuals who have to be among the nicest people in the scene! (and that's a good thing)

Thanks! I've been having a great time too so its all good! Oh yeah, definitely keep us in mind when you come out this way! It would be a great honor to get the opportunity to work with you guys! Besides, I'll be at the show either way! Man, I'd love to see some of those Bay Area shows.

Thanks dude, but I think it is y'all that rule!! It is great hearing from you too!

ZHJ&T said:
We just finished writing ALL the music for the next CD and the melodies and lyrics are 80% written.

We do have to workout the business end before recording the material. If that process isn't very complicated, Zero Hour WILL have a release in 2006. (Plus "A Fragile Mind" has to sell too lol.)

So many thank you's to everyone who does pick up a copy and supports us. We love making music for all of you.

Jasun/ZH

Damn dude! You guys are busting some ass! I hope the business end works out with no difficulties too. I have no complaints with ZH releases two years in a row and besides, who wants to deal with the BS business?!?!?

And we love listening to that music! Keep up the great work. :worship:

NEW ZH?!?! But I just got new ZH! It's a dream come true!

You guys exceeded all my (already high) expectations with A Fragile Mind. Amazing once again- thank you, thank you, thank you!

Thank so much 97reb, yeah next year man and it's a monster.

Silent Song thank you so very much for picking up a copy and sharing your thoughts. Very happy you enjoy the new CD brotha.

We appreciate it so much guys.

Jasun/ZH

i'll be the first to say this, i'm a bit disapointed with a fragile mind, well its definetly a good album, and i like it, but towers of avarice is just another league for me. the new vocalist is pretty good, still i miss erik, that passioned dark voice ruled. but the thing that disapointed me actually was the riffs, much more straightfoward, and sometimes feels uninspired. still it has grown on me, i like all tracks, but its not even close to the towers, but that is not easy anyway eheh still pretty good album
p.s. i would love to hear some solos dammit! :p

Thanks for checking out the CD (Even if it's not your thing) and appreciate the support. It's one of those things where we had some people saying Towers was too cold. So this CD we just wanted change it up to be a mix of Metamorphosis and Towers, elements you hear in from both CD's. We didn't want to do Towers part 2 right off the bat because we just did that and wanted to create a little different vibe on the disc. We want thing to be a little different with every release. However the release after A Fragile Mind is Towers but up a notch. the material has already been written and 2006 we'll release it and you can check it for yourself to hear if that statement holds up. I will say this that CD IS the next TOWERS for all of you who are fans of Towers.

Thanks Neurotic for checking out the CD and to every who grabs the CD. By you all grabbing a copy allows us to keep continuing to make CD's.

Jasun/ZH

yeh i think thats a good thing, not doing the same album over and over (we have vader for that hehe)
btw the title track kicks ass, like i said all tracks are good, and its a very good album, the thing is, towers was perfect for me:headbang:

Man oh man I can't believe what I'm reading, but I believe it: More new ZH in 2006!!!!!!!

You guys keep releasing, my ears will keep listening!!

I agree with Neurotic and OBVIOUSLY you guys, that it is key to release different material each time. You guys have a "signature" sound IMO, but, each album has varied more or less. Freshness helps keep you guys intersted in doing more and overall, helps keep your fan base excited about what is to come in future releases. As said before, this album seems a little more progressive and less metal. Okay, but there are still great metal leanings in this album, "A Fragile Mind". It's not like you guys went totally different and did a Camel tribute. The progressive part of the album is the fact that it is different from previous material. That is what progressive means, moving forward. This band is one of the best forward moving bands out on the market today. And without a doubt, you guys will continue to "ROCK ON!"