"A Great Divide"

Rev. Clayton

The Singer
Sep 4, 2006
www.suspyre.com
It's finally here and since I am a loser and like to start threads on my own site...

I suppose this will be the official place to discuss the album...please give us your opinions. Thanks.

Clay~~Suspyre

My CDs arrived today. I ordered through Nightmare back in October. "A Great Divide" gets better with every listen. It's already gone from good, through great, and is now approaching genius. I know my favorites will change as I listen more, but right now I like The Singer, The Spirit, and Blood and Passion. At first, I didn't like the instrumental (Galactic), but now I love it. I don't know the technical aspects of music, but the many diverse styles displayed in this piece make it very interesting, and I hear more every time I listen to it.

The whole CD is really fantastic. Congrats on a great composition and super performance.

I still have to wait another week to hear it because Amazon doesn't have it yet I guess. Really looking forward to it though. The first one is one of my favorite albums.

I'm going to be a lazy bastage and more or less repeat what I wrote on the Nightmare forums:

Nightmare describes Suspyre - 'A Great Divide' as: "balancing heavy riffs, lush orchestral parts and classic prog - tastefully done with panache" ... and I must agree. I couldn't have said that better myself.

but I can say that it truly is a roller coaster ride of prog-metal... twisting and turning, but doing it gracefully. I personally love the orchestral arrangements. They fit the heavier riffing so well [and for all you power-heads (like me) out there, this cd has some powerful guitar work!]. And the vocals are wonderfully crisp, clean and soaring throughout 'A Great Divide'.

I'm still taking this cd in, but I'm also letting my son take it with him on a weekend getaway. So I'll pick it back up at the start of next week.

but so far, so good! :headbang:

I got this album through..well, the internet(BUT I DO PLAN ON BUYING IT, I'm just waiting until the show in May to buy it in person. You guys rock enough that I wouldn't dare to JUST download your albums, I'd buy every single one. >_>)

And so far it's blown me away. It's...a way different direction, as far as basing it off The Silvery Image. Different, but way better. I liked the power metal elements of the first one, but I really like the lush proggy sound in this one. It's so much more...fitting. It clicks really well, like, you guys seem so much more into it on this album. Vocals are top notch, guitar work is amazing as always, bass is more upfront(sweet), and you even included more saxaphone. If it wasn't only April, I'd say this would be album of the year already.

Has anyone received the album who ordered it from Amazon? I placed my order in mid-March, but I'm still waiting for it to ship. They estimate some time in the next twenty days it'll ship.

Has anyone received the album who ordered it from Amazon? I placed my order in mid-March, but I'm still waiting for it to ship. They estimate some time in the next twenty days it'll ship.

It seems that several people are still waiting...I need to become a mailman so I can deliver them all personally.

I got this album through..well, the internet(BUT I DO PLAN ON BUYING IT, I'm just waiting until the show in May to buy it in person. You guys rock enough that I wouldn't dare to JUST download your albums, I'd buy every single one. >_>)

Same with me here. Despite how much of a pirate I really am (christ, I have like 130 gigs of music), I totally want to buy a copy in person and get it signed, like the first album, which I got at Hamilton Street Cafe aways back, when Kirk was still the bassist. I also told you guys then that despite all the music I had downloaded, it was the only album I planned on buying that year.

Same with me here. Despite how much of a pirate I really am (christ, I have like 130 gigs of music), I totally want to buy a copy in person and get it signed, like the first album, which I got at Hamilton Street Cafe aways back, when Kirk was still the bassist. I also told you guys then that despite all the music I had downloaded, it was the only album I planned on buying that year.

we're happy to have people listening...i won't get into the download thing. heh.

I don't think you guys really have to worry about downloads affecting potential sales. My copy was from my friend Brian's personal rip and I'm totally going to get the cd at a show in the future and hopefully get it signed. It seems to me most of your fan base has a similar mentality.

As I mentioned on MetalReviews.com, this album is much grander in scope compared to The Silvery Image. It took me a little bit to really get into it, to sort of immerse myself in the album. However, after a couple of spins it all falls into place. It's far more progressive than The Silvery Image. The musicianship and vocal work is vastly improved—and, of course, they were great before!

Favorite song on this album is "Subliminal Delusions." However, "Serpent I Am" remains my favorite Suspyre song.

I just got my copy of the suspyre album. From the moment I placed it into my CD player I was hooked.
It’s totally an emotional ride, with amazing melody’s , passionate vocals, shredding guitars and so much more. I expected a great album, but what I found was a master piece . I really cannot find any down side to it. The closes thing is at times you can hear some influences from Dream Theater or Symphony X. But really that’s not exactly bad , because the parts that are influenced are so by the times when the bands were at their bests. I highly recommend it to all.