A great opinion piece...

CesspoolOfSkulls said:
Let your friend go to the show with that gay banner, I'll see him, And beat the living dog shit out of him, Choke him with his lame little banner, then finish by pissing on him while he's knocked out. Douche bag.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :headbang:

tomass74 said:
Obviously not since they got to the point where they couldnt sell 500 tickets...
Not true. Been to at least (still have stubs) 8 shows ''98-04 in NY, NJ, and PA - ALL of them were sold out. In, I think, '2000 I had to buy tickets to Bowery Ballroom from scalpers 90 bucks a piece - everything was sold out 2 days before the show. '2003, Poughkeepsee, the place, I believe, was called The Chance, - packed, with crowd outside still trying to get in. '2004, Beacon Theater, one of the most prestigious venues in NYC, - fucking packed, like a can of sardins (and tickets there are not your average 20-30 dollars)... So, please, get your facts in order.

^^

Regardless Scott has stated multiple times there would be no band if the reunion hadnt happened - Be happy people, anthrax are still making music :headbang:

I cannot wait to hear the new Anthrax album.. I have faith that it is going to kick some major ass. The tour has been successful and the band seems to be having a great time.. Isn't that what it is about? Fuck all you whiny little douchebags. Seriously get a god damn life.. You have been here whining now for over a year. There are a million other bands out there to listen to.. I cannot believe Scott even reads this shit.. It must be such a slap in the face to him. People act like they are sucking the life out of fans like KISS on a 6 year farewell tour.. They have been back together for a little over a year. Maybe they need to tour to save some scrap to fund their next album, maybe they want to really make sure the chemistry is there before they start recording... Maybe they are writing on the road.. Just let them do their thing.. They aren't a "nostalgia act" either. They arer one of the most influential metal bands ever and there are alot of people that are happy they are back..

THEBALDGUYFROMBLACKLODGEVIDEO said:
Not true. Been to at least (still have stubs) 8 shows ''98-04 in NY, NJ, and PA - ALL of them were sold out. In, I think, '2000 I had to buy tickets to Bowery Ballroom from scalpers 90 bucks a piece - everything was sold out 2 days before the show. '2003, Poughkeepsee, the place, I believe, was called The Chance, - packed, with crowd outside still trying to get in. '2004, Beacon Theater, one of the most prestigious venues in NYC, - fucking packed, like a can of sardins (and tickets there are not your average 20-30 dollars)... So, please, get your facts in order.

Ok, but most of them were hometown shows..... That sure as hell wasn't like that everywhere..

CesspoolOfSkulls said:
Oh yeah, On a second note, You reunion bashers are a group of winey babies, Your opinion goes nowhere, Do you really think the band cares what you think? I believe they've stated they don't in enough interviews. And the only reason you get to post your shit in the 'thrax message board i suppose so everyone can see what dumbasses you make of yourselfs. I saw it back in '05. But it keeps getting worse for you guys huh? lmao.
The only reason YOU get to post here is 'cause these same people were keeping this place alive while you and your fucking breed were jerking off.
P.S.Who are those ladies on your signature, your cheerleaders?

tomass74 said:
Obviously not since they got to the point where they couldnt sell 500 tickets.. Now they are packing shows everywhere....

You son't think any of that had to do with managment and promotion? It's not like Joey's solo career was sky rocketing.

whitey131 said:
You son't think any of that had to do with managment and promotion? It's not like Joey's solo career was sky rocketing.

Sure it did. It also had alot to do with fans happy to see this line-up again. The promotion really hasn't been anything special. I didn't say Joey was responsible for anything.. It is just the fact that this line-up is together again has got more people to the shows. They have been very successful for the little promotion they have actually gotten.. Are they even signed to a label right now?

as for Anthrax selling out the Chance when Bush was in the band, I worked the ticket booth then and they were hardly sold out. They out sold Joey when he came through, but that was the only positive thing I can really say about the turnout.

tomass74 said:
Sure it did. It also had alot to do with fans happy to see this line-up again. The promotion really hasn't been anything special. I didn't say Joey was responsible for anything.. It is just the fact that this line-up is together again has got more people to the shows. They have been very successful for the little promotion they have actually gotten.. Are they even signed to a label right now?

You seem awfully sure of this. This line up to me is McRib of music. It sells well when it's a novelty, meaning you couldn't see it before, but in the long term it's just not as tastey as big mac.

Don't get me wrong, I've seen the reunion show twice. It wasn't bad, but I don't see it being successfull in the long term. It would be very hard for anyband to make music that people enjoy as much as their classic songs.

Karina_666 said:
as for Anthrax selling out the Chance when Bush was in the band, I worked the ticket booth then and they were hardly sold out. They out sold Joey when he came through, but that was the only positive thing I can really say about the turnout.

I don't understand what you mean.

I'm probably going to see this line up in Hollywood at the Avalon the same place I saw them on Stomp 442 with John and Paul Crook when it was know as the Palace.