A great opinion piece...

ThraxEm said:
But who else really has for some time now? I think that the heat this has generate and the attention to the name may give more market to the new release no matter who the band is composed of. I dont think the guys felt any better about getting John than they do about losing John. I think that they are trying to do what is best for the future of the band. No label=no money=no Anthrax. They have had to make some tough choices along the way. They have persevered without label supprt. They tour their balls off. What the fuck else can they do for us the fans? This is a band that has been through the ringer and never gotten the respect they earned from the money that was to back them. Poor promotion, mismanagement, line up changes and they are still out there doing it. Fucking Kudos for giving us what ever possible to the band.
I see where you're coming from, but, to me, the really great momentum was in ''03-04 with WCFYA, MOMD, and TGOTE coming out within a year and a half. Plus headlining tour w/Lacuna, supporting Motorhead and Dio, that goddamn hip-hop awards appearance was also great (and Chuck D coming out w/the boys @Beacon Theater)...

And with all that 03 - 04 momentum we were done. I'll quote Hunter S. Thompson:
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Without this reunion the band was over. I've said it 100 times. Where we go after this, we'll see. There is a plan. Will it all pan out? No idea. We'll make a record and either you'll like it or you won't just like everything else we've ever done.

BT - sad but true quote.

Anthrax is your meal ticket so to speak, something you've given your life for...but at the end of day bills still need to be paid, and people gots to eat.

im with you in whatever direction you go.

MikeyBong said:
I hear ya, but...I just don't want this to turn into Metal Sludge or something, ya know what I mean?

METAL SLUDGE!........HA, I hear ya! Man, I don't think anyone on that board likes anyone at all?.........I've never seen/ read more bashing in my life :err:

Black Thirteen said:
Anyway, our plan is to write after this and release a record when we're happy with it. Same as always. If another tour comes along that we feel will do something for us, we'll decide then.

Sorry Scott but with such an approach like this you'll be never able to record a new album. I mean closing with other and other offers to tour. I wouln't surprised if by this time next year you post here something like "there is a plan - we'll make a record...." :Smug:

tommyv said:
METAL SLUDGE!........HA, I hear ya! Man, I don't think anyone on that board likes anyone at all?.........I've never seen/ read more bashing in my life :err:
Yep, I just hope it doesn't get to that point!

Black Thirteen said:
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Without this reunion the band was over. I've said it 100 times. Where we go after this, we'll see. There is a plan. Will it all pan out? No idea. We'll make a record and either you'll like it or you won't just like everything else we've ever done.
You, as always, have my support!:headbang: :kickass:

Black Thirteen said:
... and then he killed himself.
Black Thirteen said:
Without this reunion the band was over.
... with this reunion, it still appears to be over.

Let your friend go to the show with that gay banner, I'll see him, And beat the living dog shit out of him, Choke him with his lame little banner, then finish by pissing on him while he's knocked out. Douche bag.

CesspoolOfSkulls said:
Let your friend go to the show with that gay banner, I'll see him, And beat the living dog shit out of him, Choke him with his lame little banner, then finish by pissing on him while he's knocked out. Douche bag.
Hm...how intelligent...:rolleyes:

Oh yeah, On a second note, You reunion bashers are a group of winey babies, Your opinion goes nowhere, Do you really think the band cares what you think? I believe they've stated they don't in enough interviews. And the only reason you get to post your shit in the 'thrax message board i suppose so everyone can see what dumbasses you make of yourselfs. I saw it back in '05. But it keeps getting worse for you guys huh? lmao.

So Black Thirteen....

Spill the beans will ya.

Tell us what we all wanna here.

That Julio Iglesius is rejoining the band for the new record.

Come on. Make me and ArgHamster happy men. :headbang:

CesspoolOfSkulls said:
Oh yeah, On a second note, You reunion bashers are a group of winey babies, Your opinion goes nowhere, Do you really think the band cares what you think? I believe they've stated they don't in enough interviews. And the only reason you get to post your shit in the 'thrax message board i suppose so everyone can see what dumbasses you make of yourselfs. I saw it back in '05. But it keeps getting worse for you guys huh? lmao.

Is it really neccesary man? Reunion bashers have just a different opinions, they don't say that your father was a penguin and mother was a bitch wolf. NOT. Just a different opinion from yours.
BTW Were it not for a support from bushthrax fans all the 13 years, Anthrax would be dead long ago. So fucking what?

CesspoolOfSkulls said:
piss off, dunce

vomit said:
But, any fan, HAS to agree that when Bush came into the line-up. the music & lyrics changed 100% for the better. :

Obviously not since they got to the point where they couldnt sell 500 tickets.. Now they are packing shows everywhere....

vomit said:
*(Translation for reunion supporters): "From Greatness to Lame Excuse of a band"

If you want to call the band that gave us "Persistance Of Time", "Among The Living" and "SOE" a "Lame Excuse For A Band" then you are a god damn fucking moron...

jackfromczech said:
What direction are you talking about??? Anthrax has no direction these days at all, they've been crawling by inertia for over one year and profit from the past glory... :Smug:

Big fucking deal.. They have been touring for over a year and they are working on a new album..