A new instrument?

Yes, in multiple interviews he said things like "I think the next record is going to be more brutal" or else "I want to the record to be more brutal." At least that's where his head's at, but of course it all depends on what Mike wants.

Honestly Opeth can do whatever they want, they already pretty much abandoned their signature sound entirely with Watershed and back-to-the-roots attempts are rarely all that great.

a LUTE!! This song needs more lute. I'm all about the lute.

Seriously, I'd like to see more moog/mellowtron from Per on a few songs. Just to ad some mystry and intrigue.

Yes, in multiple interviews he said things like "I think the next record is going to be more brutal" or else "I want to the record to be more brutal." At least that's where his head's at, but of course it all depends on what Mike wants.

No offence to the band, but if the next record turns out to be 99% brutality and one ballad, I might not bother to listen to it.

I think it would be great if they added an instrument on their next album, just not the violin...anything else, anything! Something a bit more experimental like sax would really make it interesting. Violin is just so overused...

Well considering Fredrik wants it to be br00tal, this would kinda detract from that.
emm... I can't get their promises seriously, you remember what mike said in the documentary of D&D? and at the end of the Roundhouse Show: We're gonna do another album and we will come back.... It's gonna be Br00tal !!!! \m/

Well according to the guy on Roundhouse Tapes DVD the saxophonist was really good, so maybe he should play on the albums too. Opeth needz moar mellotronz!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

next album= 5 mellotrons. no guitars, drums, bass, or anything else. only mellotrons and mike's vocals. make it brutal. pure brutality.

next album= 5 mellotrons. no guitars, drums, bass, or anything else. only mellotrons and mike's vocals. make it brutal. pure brutality.

Well it would probably be the most evil sounding Opeth album. Mellotrons can sound so fucking evil. Just listen to King Crimson - The Devil's Triangle.