A new instrument?

This is a question for Mike really. Have you considered using or adding a new instrument on the next album? Like a violin or a flute for instance? Rush added electric violin to a few songs in the 80's and I bet nobody would expect it to sound as good as it did. It just sounded so right, but only on certain songs I guess. So have you considered that?

And what do you others think? I guess it would be rude not to ask for YOUR opinions.:lol:

:Smug:

Like what they did on the last three albums?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

:Smug:

Like what they did on the last three albums?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Well on Damnation and Ghost Reveries the "other instruments" were all synth, I believe. But on Watershed, no fewer than five live instrumentalists (including a violinist, which people in this thread keep "wondering" about) perform all through the album, so I guess not too many people on here have paid much attention when listening to that album... which might explain why some people are dissatisfied with it, since it really is an album you have to give your absolute undivided attention to in order to enjoy it, at least for me.

Well on Damnation and Ghost Reveries the "other instruments" were all synth, I believe. But on Watershed, no fewer than five live instrumentalists (including a violinist, which people in this thread keep "wondering" about) perform all through the album, so I guess not too many people on here have paid much attention when listening to that album... which might explain why some people are dissatisfied with it, since it really is an album you have to give your absolute undivided attention to in order to enjoy it, at least for me.

Synths are not instruments? <- Plural?

Bongos?

Maybe not a new instrument, but an extension of experimentation of instruments already used.

Like more percussion shit for drums, and More effects for guitars.

that kind of thing.