A new, sober, thread about single malt scotch whisky thread.

also, im looking for something in between a Highland Park and Lagavulin/Laphroaig. HP has a great sweet yet smoky character but Im looking for a little more peatiness. Ive never had Talisker but read that its more "peppery" than anything and that the 10yr is a shell of its former self. I wish I knew of a place that actually serves the good shit besides the usual garbage Glenlivet bullshit.

I could get the Talisker 18yr, but I dont feel like spending around $75 for a bottle. I wouldnt mind if I didnt have such a hard time letting it sit and pulling it out every so often. All the reviews of Talisker make my mouth water. Such as the quote "The aftertaste builds and builds until your head wants to explode." Fucking A.

edit: Just remembered that the Talisker 18yr won the award of overall "Best Single Malt In The World" in 2007.

Finally got to and polished of a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 15 year old this weekend with some friends ... ;)

and 36 was at a place that is not so cheap to begin with ...

I bought a bottle of Old Van Winkle 10 year old yesterday for $28 ... I thought that was pretty good.

Damn you Ken ... those VW are great ... the Pappy one 15 year old was a killer ... now I am going through all of them

and 36 was at a place that is not so cheap to begin with ...

I bought a bottle of Old Van Winkle 10 year old yesterday for $28 ... I thought that was pretty good.

Damn you Ken ... those VW are great ... the Pappy one 15 year old was a killer ... now I am going through all of them

Yeah man. Best f'in Bourbon EVAR. Even the worst one is better than everything on the market imho. The place I get it at is $25 for the 10yr, and $28 for the 10yr-104 Proof, or w/e it is.

Never had the 23yr as it's so expensive but the 20yr, which is around $80/bottle, is mouth watering. One of the best spirits Ive ever had.

edit - and for the price!!!!!! it's a no-brainer.

$28 for the 10yr-104 Proof,

yes, that's the one i got yesterday ...

but so far the 15yr Pappy which was $44 ... is a bargain and a half for what you get ...