A new, sober, thread about single malt scotch whisky thread.

^ they had that in the store I was at yesterday. It looked just as awesome and honey like there that I was THIS close to picking it up.

btw, is freaking Elijah Craig 12 year old the bargain of the century? $23 and a flavor/aroma to die for. Not to mention a kick and a half. Had it at a xmas party last weekend.

What kind of character are you looking for nigga?

Sweet, nectary, honey, marmalade with no peat/smoke ... or are you looking for something really bold and smoky, maybe even a bit medicinal? peppery? Just wtf are you after? Have you ever had a peaty malt before? I see that you fancy them sweet, bland bourbons. ;)

Have you ever had Lagavulin 16yr? $50 for a bottle is a BARGAIN. Depending on the day, that is probably my favorite single malt along with Talisker 18 and Talisker 1996 Distiller's Edition...or anything from Talisker for that matter.

I'll try that Lagavulin 16yr next probably.
Looking for something with a unique character, don't care if its sweet, peaty or smoky. Just something unique.
A lot of this stuff sometimes taste the same.

LOL...then, by all means, get the Lagavulin 16yr STAT. I remember the first time I bought it and tried it and was completely baffled. It was unlike anything I had ever had and I thought I had made a big mistake...until a few more sips and I couldn't get enough of it. Thus began my deep love for the Islay region of Scotland.

God this thread makes my mouth water. I'm not even a liquor drinker but I think I'm gonna have to pick some of this shit up come weekend time.

Picked up a bottle of Buffalo Trace bourbon today. This is BY FAR the best spirit I have ever had for under $30/bottle. Not to mention one of the only bourbons that really tickles my fancy besides the more expensive Pappy Van Winkle. All I can say is WOW!

dude, I am going there tomorrow!!! consider it sold.

its in the middle of Williamsburg, hipster heaven. Will have to punch a few to get to the spirit shelf.

I was really feeling the need for single malt yesterday but I've spent way too much money lately, so I picked up a bottle of some blend, Islay Mist, which claims to use some Laphroaig malt as a main component... gotta say, it is not bad for a $30 bottle, definitely has some of the single malt character I'm used to from the Islay malts I've tried... but not as bold. Decent cheap substitute.

I'm still saying I'll grab a bottle of Lagavulin 16yr next, but "next" never seems to come! It'll be the first time I crack the $100 marker for a bottle

dude, I am going there tomorrow!!! consider it sold.

its in the middle of Williamsburg, hipster heaven. Will have to punch a few to get to the spirit shelf.

:lol::lol::lol:

When I'm an old man, as in 75 or something, I'm going to do all kinds of crazy shit and one of those things is I'm going to steal single malt and if I get caught, act all senile and whatnot. Being old sucks. You have to make it interesting.

On New Years Eve, two delicious colleagues and I left work to go to the liquor store. I meandered over to the single malt section and one of them followed, upon which she uttered, "Single malt....that's from France right?"
:err:

Anyway, here I am enjoying my Highland Park 12 year.