A new, sober, thread about single malt scotch whisky thread.

Okay. Polished off my bottle of Highland Park 10yr the other night.

I have a bottle of Talisker 18yr that I bought last weekend which is absolutely phenomenal. Definitely Top 2 I have ever tasted. Lagavulin 16yr being the other.

Im going to probably pick up another bottle tonight. I dont know whether to pick up my beloved Lagavulin 16yr and compare it to Talisker 18yr, or go with Ardbeg 10yr, which I have yet to try but really want to. Perhaps I shall just see if it;s at the bar next time. Oh, decisions.

I caved in and bought the Ardbeg 10yr.

The chick at the counter fucking rang it through with my beer but the computer wasnt processing it correctly and it didnt go through so she rang everything in and and said "$11.38 please" and I look around and am like "uuuhhhh"...and my honesty got the best of me and told her that the Ardbeg didnt get scanned. Immediately, inside I was like "FUCK" so I said "Dont worry I wont tell anyone" but she had to call the manager over to key in the $50 for it. Oh well. Hopefully one day all this good karma will boomerang back my way.

ok, i am completely out of hard stuff at home.

tried Pappy last, the cheapest one AND the 10 year old I believe ...

looking at HIGHLAND PARK next ... OR????

This woman that works for me just returned from Scotland. She brought me 3 small bottles, all 12 year:

Deanston
Glenlivet
Scapa

Am I in for a treat? I still have a shitload of my bottle of Highland Park left, too. I've been on a vodka kick.

JUUUUUUST DRINK IT, YO... :loco:

I have to buy a bottle of Lagavulin 16 for a work-related ass kissery thing. I was told to not bring back the bottle half empty, so I offered to return it filled with something cheaper instead.

I haven't tried it yet, but would like to.

i need a new reco Ken ... just about out of my cheap half gallon bottle of Jim Beam :loco:

The HP was great. Have a brand new bottle of Pappy sitting here for like 4 months. Will have to open it one of these days.

How about Scapa and Deanston? I've never heard of either. I was planning to do some research later today but was hoping to hear firsthand from the experts.

Scapa 10 or 12 year (can't remember!) is kinda boring, middle-of-the-road, not that I remember much at all about it. Just wasn't blown away.

I bought it 'cause the art on it looked nice :lol:

I haven't had a bottle of single malt in the house for EVER, next up = Lagavulin 16 yr for sure!

Kenneth or anyone who feels up to it ...

go to this link http://bqewineandliquors.com/Catalogs/BQE-Spirits.pdf (its the complete list of Spirits in stock at my fave joint) and find me some good stuff to buy for like 50 bucks ... no Pappy or Highland Park ... want to try something else for the Holidays.

just walked out of the place with $150 of wines and cheap scotch ... but need a bottle all for myself.

Glenmorangie-Original-lg.jpg.jpg

Will be drinking this on my trip to Howqua over the New Year.