A new, sober, thread about single malt scotch whisky thread.

Seriously though, I just recently learned the whole ice thing. Well about a year ago I guess because the first scotch of this season was a few months ago (I rarely drink whisky during the summer and spring), and I could barely finish it because I automatically put a damn ice cube in it. I'm not as cool as I'd like to think I might someday be. :zombie:
This is true. She wouldn't let me put ice in my vagina. Or hers!

:(
BLASHEMY!

just a drop will do. and its gotta be spring water, or w/e...NOT tap water. taste it neat, then do the drop method...usually opens up a lot of toffee flavors. there is a chemical reason for the "opening up" bit. swish around and take in the nose...aah fuck.

.....you should technically also taste scotch by swirling small sip all over your mouth and teeth until tingles.
It's really amazing how this also opens up the flavour and after taste (and fine scotch is mostly about the after taste)

Cara: Ice no, but I did let you put other things.... ahem :oops:

Seriously though, I just recently learned the whole ice thing. Well about a year ago I guess because the first scotch of this season was a few months ago (I rarely drink whisky during the summer and spring), and I could barely finish it because I automatically put a damn ice cube in it. I'm not as cool as I'd like to think I might someday be. :zombie:
!

It's ok Adrian... most people don't know about ice, just as most people
think "ALL WINE NEEDS TO AGE" - it's just a common mistake.
At least you know now! :)

We just sampled some new wines last week at home and they were very nice and fruity without the strong, pungent flavour of a longer aged wine... good stuff.

It would take more than that... it's not that I don't try to cultivate such an excellent collection, I just can't keep it stocked long enough to do so heh heh