A new, sober, thread about single malt scotch whisky thread.

OK... so after reading this thread, I decided to pour myself a bit of the Lagavulin I keep in the house for friends, no ice, with just a splash of spring water (to "open it up").

Holy crap is that shit awful. :puke:

Woodford Reserve >>> Every Scotch Ever

Oh, and just to prove that I'm right...

My Taste >>> Your Taste :loco:

Zod

OK... so after reading this thread, I decided to pour myself a bit of the Lagavulin I keep in the house for friends, no ice, with just a splash of spring water (to "open it up").

Zod

Dude, maybe you dont like the peatiness. You dont get much peaty than Lagavulin. Try something like a Macallan 12. Lots of sherry taste in it but its not very peaty at all and pretty damn smooth. Lagavulin is smoother but, like I said, holy fucking smokes! Almost like licking an ashtray. mmm :loco:

You may want to stay away from anything from Islay tbh if you arent a fan of peat moss.

Zod

oh quit being such a nancy-boy

Møøse

I bought a Talisker 10 Year today.

talis1000b_2.jpg

Will post results later.

MajestikMøøse;6802510 said:
I am compelled to do pelvic thrusts after drinking. Normal?

if you have a live vagine standing in front of you, yes ... otherwise ... also, yes

ok, so I went out with some friends last night and the place had Woodford's ... drank about 3 and came to the conclusion that its a bit TOO aromatic for my tastes.
strangely, when I had a bottle at home I did not feel this way. but I definetelly prefer something a bit more biting and bitter.

it might be because I had about 3 tall whiskey and cokes right before at a dinner party ... and them shits were sweet.

also, i think good booze should be drunkened casually, with a nice stogie ... drinking HQ stuff in a bar when already drunk is a waste.