A new, sober, thread about single malt scotch whisky thread.

Gonna crack open my Christmas gift tonight

90BFC77E-D444-4062-89D2-7AF25F2947DF-5211-000002D384453F0A.jpg

Lagavulin 16
Very good
As far as peaty scotch goes, its not extremely strong. I think that's because it's a 16. Peatyness dies down with age.
I do like it alot.
I still prefer the Laphroaig Quarter Cask.
I'd like to try a younger Lagavulin
I had high expectations, I guess they were set a little too high.
Im amateur as hell, but after watching a review you really can tell that it has alot more flavors than standard peat.
have I mentioned that I love scotch?

Still enjoying the shit out of it

How is the Bruichladdich? Compared to other Islays? I've always wanted to try it.

I finally tried Balvenie Double Wood the other night and wasn't impressed. Glad I didnt buy a bottle.

Haven't cracked it open yet but I'll let you know. Bruichladdich apparently has less of a peat flavor because the high-neck stills they use; so we'll see!

So closing in on the bottom of a bottle of Talisker 10 year I must say that damn, that is some excellent stuff. The most different scotch I've come across. And fuckin' Immolation is most certainly :kickass:

I'm also nearing the end of some Jura 16 that is okay some days, not so much the others. Kinda weird yet boring, BUT is great for enjoying with a nice book.

Got some Laphroaig 10 year tonight. Pretty good in a solidly pedestrian sort of way. Nothing wrong with stayin' the course at $40 a bottle, it just seems Perfectly Normal and that is just fine. Very happy.

I wanted the Lagavulin but that was almost $90 so I was able to get the Laphroaig, some Bombay Sapphire gin, and two nice bottles of Malbec for the same price. Yay.

^ Have you tried Caol Isla? About 50-60 per bottle, and a step up from Laphroaig (of which I am a huge fan.)

I haven't but damn, after two drams of Laphoaig tonight, I am HOOKED.

Very good stuff. Solid with a capital god damn S. And now I sleep.

Because the Ravens won the SB, I won a bottle of Cardhu 12yr from my boss. Cracked it open last night. It's okay...reminds me of Balvenie Doublewood (from what I remember). A good entry level scotch I guess you could say. I'll stick to my Islay and thereabouts region.

Doublewood was my favoUrite for quite some time. I even preferred it to the other older Balvenie I've had.

Laphroaig is definitely good shit, especially the quarter cask, but still isn't as good as Ardbeg or the mighty Lagavulin. One day I'll try Port Charlotte.

Still havent had that Bruicchladich either and waiting for MIA Tully's synopsis of the stuff although it will probably be along the lines of "It fucking rules." which is perfectly acceptable.