A new, sober, thread about single malt scotch whisky thread.

An not a single pizza joint was open anymore by the time I decided to call. I havent jonesed this badly for a pie in aeons. Im dying over here for some sweet, delicious pizza pie. *waves hands around*

I want you dudes who say "all scotch is good scotch" to go drink some Cluny and see if your opinion remains the same.

I will agree that all single malts I've had are perfectly great, and even the ones I don't prefer are still worth drinking.

But things found in giant plastic bottles for $12 at the bottom of the liquor aisle (always at the bottom), not so much.

I want you dudes who say "all scotch is good scotch" to go drink some Cluny and see if your opinion remains the same.

I will agree that all single malts I've had are perfectly great, and even the ones I don't prefer are still worth drinking.

But things found in giant plastic bottles for $12 at the bottom of the liquor aisle (always at the bottom), not so much.

Dude I assumed we were talking single malts as mentioned. Polymalt swill is to scotch what bud light is to beer. Doesn't count, doesn't even get thought about

Cool. I suppose I should have read the "single malt" thing in the thread title.

The thread title that I created. :loco: Meh, I'm tired, but without sleep.

Too busy trying to figure out the name of the Slough Feg riff stuck in my head.

EDIT:
Dun-DA! DADA!
Dun-DA! DADA!
Dun-Dudeedoodeedooo (harmonized guitfiddles)
repeat with variation, then sweeping vocals come in

EDITx2: Walls of Shame. Yay.

EDITx3:
red_cola_zps6299419a.jpg

:guh:

Neat. And jebus fuck that's strong.

When I first got a bottle of Laphroaig I wasn't sure how to pronounce it correctly, so I imagined two happy/drunk Scotsmen continually referring to it as Ol' Froggy as we all got pissed. The vision ended with them laughing at my pathetic attempt to keep up with seasoned veterans such as themselves.

Nice image

Someone told me Laphroaig tastes like spent fireworks. I said, no, It tastes like the charred, blackened bones of crushed enemies distilled into an amber essence

Nice image

Someone told me Laphroaig tastes like spent fireworks. I said, no, It tastes like the charred, blackened bones of crushed enemies distilled into an amber essence

:headbang:
How much did you pay for that bottle of goodness? Im thinking about ordering some good stuff in the next few weeks and that looks great.

today is my barfday, and my dear girlfriend got me this:

awi4oU1.jpg

a 16 yo speyside malt i've never heard of before. looking forward to tasting it
DcWE9RE.gif

lmao, cluny

indeed, cluny is one of the worst scotch whiskies i've ever tried. it's one of the cheapest ones available at SYSTEMBOLAGET (the swedish liquor store) so i've bought it a couple of times. not great.

for budget blended whiskies, this is now my go-to:

very decent