A new, sober, thread about single malt scotch whisky thread.

giphy.gif

Hahahahahahahaha
My kids heard me watching that and came over to see it and laughed their heads off

I pretty much have my upcoming purchases mapped out. I absolutely want the Clynelish 14yr; this malt really intrigues me and sounds like an Oban 14yr for less money. Then I am going to explore some relatively inexpensive options. I can get crazy prices on already "affordable" single malts so am gonna try to find an "everyday sipper" if you will. I'll probably grab three bottles; Old Pulteney 12yr, anCnoc 12yr, and Ardmore Traditional Cask.

Whisk(e)y Bar FTW. (Fuck The World)

So I bought the Ardbeg Uigeadail. This shit rules. Also replaced my Lagavulin 16. My bar is a fucking treasure trove of peaty, brilliant scotch :kickass:

Right so a friend of mine recently revealed that hed never had scotch before. Obviously I need to rectify that as soon as I get back to England. Any thoughts on what to buy to share with this poor soul?

I pretty much have my upcoming purchases mapped out. I absolutely want the Clynelish 14yr; this malt really intrigues me and sounds like an Oban 14yr for less money. Then I am going to explore some relatively inexpensive options. I can get crazy prices on already "affordable" single malts so am gonna try to find an "everyday sipper" if you will. I'll probably grab three bottles; Old Pulteney 12yr, anCnoc 12yr, and Ardmore Traditional Cask.

Whisk(e)y Bar FTW. (Fuck The World)

Bought all of em today.

Depends on what you're willing to spend! If anything though, I'd steer clear of the Islands for now.

Yeah, this ^ seems highland malts go over with new scotch drinkers best. Might try Highland Park 12 year as a good starter. MacAllan 10yr fine oak seems to be a good way to ease some people in, also.