A new, sober, thread about single malt scotch whisky thread.

Damn. It takes me a year to kill a bottle of whoopsie.

I drink too much beer, but not enough scotch. Shame.

It's probably because I drink beer/wine more as well. I only break out the single malt rarely to indulge. The bourbon more often because it's cheaper but still not too much at all. All of them bottles you see at my bar have been there for a long ass time. I have only kicked one bottle so far and that was the Buffalo Trace because when my friends come over, that's the shot of choice. If I only had one bottle at a time I guess they would go more quickly but still nothing crazy. At least 6 months I'd guess.

I need to start drinking more whisk(e)y and less beer/wine.

That Temperance is delicious. The Journeyman Ravenswood stuff is good too but a little spicy

For my in-laws side of the family, we do Secret Santa and write down some stuff we want. I usually namedrop a bottle of Single Malt. This is my current list and am trying to decide which one to namedrop for my Xmas gift:

Bushmill's 16yr "Three Wood" Single Malt (something different)
Aberlour A'Bunadh
Clynelish 14yr
Balvenie 14yr Carribean Cask
Dalmore 15yr

Currently, I am leaning to the Balvenie Carribean as I tried it at the single malt tasting I went to a month ago and it was unbelievable. I tried the Aberlour as well but by that time, my palette was kapuut but people were raving about it. The Balvenie is currently holding my top spot. I have to decide in the next few days...or if anyone has any other suggestions, I'm open ears. The price limit is around $75. I am looking for something other than the rough Island malts, which dominate my bar.

Single Malts presently occupying my bar:

Ardbeg Uigeadail
Lagavulin 16yr
Talisker 10yr
Talisker 18yr
Talisker Distiller's Edition (2000)
Oban 14yr
Cardhu 12yr

So, what would be a worthy compliment?
Highland Park 12yr

Aberlour A'Bunadh - 2nd choice (like this one a lot)

Clynelish 14yr - 3rd choice

Balvenie 14yr Carribean Cask - 1st choice

Why did you go 2, 3, 1? LOL Anyways, I agree. Just fishing for back-up or any other reco's.

Necro, I;m assuming you have had the Caribbean Cask? That shit is so exquisite and smoooooth...not to mention highly unique!

Was responding from my phone and rearranging or typing those names out was more work than I wanted to deal with :loco:

Yes I have and that Balvenie is excellent

When I could get the Doublewood for 32-35 bucks was a nice low end scotch I preferred over MacAllan and the like. Now it's over 40 and I'd rather get something better at that price. The Caribbean cask, the 16 year are both good though. Especially Caribbean .