A new, sober, thread about single malt scotch whisky thread.

Belated birthday gift from friends

FF1D4D09-B90E-4197-931C-B8144FBA2840-24846-00000AC366F19EC1_zps079e80be.jpg

I bought a bottle of that Balvenie Portwood 21 for a friend's wedding. I love the Balvenie, the best I've tried was some 17 year variety (I think the Madeira but I'm not sure). That is definitely my favoUrite distillery, whenever I make the O face for scotch, it is usually because of Balvenie.

I have a bottle of Oban Distiller's Edition heading my way. I finished the rest of my scotch this week, so I'll be out until that arrives. I'm still on the fence about how much I liked the Lagavulin 16. It is clearly an amazing scotch, I'm just not sure how much I truly enjoyed it. I'll probably buy another bottle just to confirm. :loco:

I rescinded back to full blown alcoholic over this past week, that was fun but I think it's time to take it easy once again. A dram or two now and then instead of a few per night. Oops!

I only buy two bottles of whisky per year, that doesn't add up to much $$$ annually. Probably only spend $25 a month on beer on average. The only time I go to bars is to play a show, which (usually) means one beer or less. I consider my consumption a steady, even flow these days. Not too much, never too little, probably should be less, but I'm a musician who works with musicians, so sobriety is not an option. 10 years ago I used to spend $75 on beer every Friday and then probably another $75 at the bar that weekend. No wonder I was nearly 50 pounds fatter than I am today!

Well, you are a medical professional, so I find this advice refreshing, and I shall follow it, post haste!

Thanks, Necro!

@rms: when I do get around to buying some stuff, it takes me about a week to kill off a 750 ml bottle
Sometimes 2 if I'm really busy working or some other crap