"A Prelude To...Some Damn Good News"!!!

Sorrell

APT Guitarist/vocalist
Jan 3, 2008
Fairfield, CA
www.myspace.com
Okay, everyone here knows about the string of bad luck that has plagued this band. If ya don't...forget that I mentioned it and read on.

Two things have occurred recently that have renewed my faith in this band. With the release of the new record, I actually see the possibility of being heard, and appreciated for what I (we) really are. Two people have brought that dream within our grasp.

First: I've been reluctant to announce the "Welcome Back" to our long lost bass player, Paul Lamb. I was reluctant because we have yet to rehearse with him. But, bearing in mind that he is a professional, on a level that I only dream of being, I fear not! He is always prepared and is a great performer. He will definitely bring the low-end to APT!

Secondly: A man I met some 15 years ago, named Aaron Prien, has agreed to fill in the gaps between our recordings and the frightening actuality of a 4-man-band.

We set our sites unrealistically high while recording this album. There are too many keyboards at once. There are holes left in the rhythm guitar department while I take solos (lots of 'em :heh:). Some ass-hat (ME!) sang just outside of his ability in the studio. And, harmony guitar solos were going to be mono! But, the thought of adding another guy to the mix was a horrifying possibility.

Then, along came Aaron.

Aaron has the ability to cover all the missing guitar and keyboard parts, while saving my dumb-ass by singing some of the stupidly high vocal lines, therefor reducing my blood pressure and allowing me to relax a bit and focus on the guitar (his vocal range makes me look sick!). All this, while being one of the best people I've ever met. I just never thought he'd actually want to play with us.

I can finally see the possibility of us sounding like the band I've always wanted to hear, live!

I'll keep everyone updated.

SRS

I am looking forward to hearing this line up, and digesting live APTP !!!

Was Paul on the Lamb?

:) JED

Welcome back Paul , you are a amazing talent and the only guy I know who plays moog foot pedals.

Sweet!! Now Aaron can do all the Ritchie Sambora parts when you guys cover "Wanted Dead Or Alive":headbang::headbang::headbang:

:p

In all seriousness, this is fantastic news for the band!! Congrats yo.

~B

I remember when I first suggested adding Aaron to the live line up. I was afraid Sorrell might feel like I was stepping on his toes. But, as always, he felt the same thing I did. It's not about the spotlight or the "hey, look at me!" desire - it's about transferring our music (which is so close to us) to the live show without compromising the emotion. When Sorrell switches to his lead patch and the rhythm guitar disappears the emotion gets immediately sucked out and leaves it completely up to me to play those huge chords under his amazing solos. That's a huge weight on me, and there's nothing I can do about the awkward transition and the obvious disappearance of the rhythm guitar. My solos all require my left hand going to the pitch bend wheel, so I can't play any organ or string parts under them....so the same problem ensues.

Adding another musician was the obvious answer...and lucky for us it's not just "another guy". Aaron's personality is second to none. He's completely low (if not "non") maintenance and when you're a bunch of old guys just trying to enjoy the rehearsals and live experience, that's a huge factor. Both Sorrell and I have very long lists of the ass hats we've dealt with in the past. Mix Paul's laid back and warm personality and suddenly we have all the makings of having a great sounding band who will all get along great and have plenty of laughs.

I am really looking forward to working with this group of guys. Looking forward to rehearsals is something I have not been able to do for a very long time. This is going to be a fun ride.

Next weekend we'll have our first full band rehearsal (and first five man rehearsal ever!) and I just can't wait. This line up is something else (as my mother would say).

Some other big news finally came through.

I applied for federal trademark protection for the name "A Prelude To Tragedy", nearly a year ago. The official decision finally came down.

I am the proud owner of the trademarked name "A Prelude To Tragedy®"!!!!

WOO HOO!!! :headbang:

SRS

I'm waiting til tomorrow to post the biggest news of our lives. :headbang:

I need to have a conversation with Jax (when she returns from Hawaii) before I drop this one.

Check back soon...

SRS