A present for you :)

Jax said:
That's why it was a bonus track, MJR didn't think it really fit in with the rest of The Odyssey as a whole.

AHA!!! I was right!!!

Thanx Jax for confirming woohoo eat that guys!!!

/boast

Bass on this one is reminding me very much of john myung. bassline during the first verse in particular sounds like DT's Learning to Live IMO.

Jax said:
That's why it was a bonus track, MJR didn't think it really fit in with the rest of The Odyssey as a whole.

It also occurred to me because of the lyrics, might Russell also have worried that there'd be a little confusion with Star One/Ayreon? I know it's got that Symphony X musical style, but the first thing I would associate this song with is Star One, not The Odyssey.

That's what I said the first time I actually started listening to the lyrics themselves.

But it's cool. It's really different from the normal Symphony X, with being about old Mythology or.... What are the songs on Damnation Game all about again?
The whole Space thing is a different feel, which I rather enjoy.

Ptah Khnemu said:
But it's cool. It's really different from the normal Symphony X, with being about old Mythology or.... What are the songs on Damnation Game all about again?

yeah symphonyx usually writes about things in old legends and tales, this is relevent to the future of course so even the lyrics alone make it feel less like symphony x.

Ptah Khnemu said:
That's what I said the first time I actually started listening to the lyrics themselves.

Yeah, it is neat; I was never disagreeing with that. :)

I know, I was supporting what your opinion, like a "Yeah, what she said!" kinda thing. :)