Accidentally nailed the "TGE" tone?

I dunno dude, all my favorite Rectifier tones have that degree of fizz/sizzle (see: Katatonia's "The Great Cold Distance," Opeth's "Ghost Reveries," Amon Amarth's "Twilight of the Thunder God" - all produced by Jens Bogren, which of course is TOTAL coincidence :D). There's a thin line between presence and fizz!

Thanks Sickan! And Pete, I was wondering why there was doubt as to whether you'd be able to get the Recto you were talking about, so I thought maybe you were bidding on it at ebay Australia. So I paid a visit to www.ebay.com.au to search, but got sidetracked by a fit of giggling when I saw this on the welcome screen:

Ebayau.jpg

:lol: :D

:lol: FARKIN' CRIKEY.

I'm trying to get him to send better quality pics so I can see the true condition. I also offered to buy outside ebay to reduce his ebay fees.

Yeah, he at least has a 100% feedback rating of 150, so he's gotta be somewhat trustworthy, but the front edge definitely looks pretty worn the whole way around (and I wonder why those two yellow stickers are there...if he meant to cover something, you'd think he'd pick a more...subtle color :lol: ). Good luck dude, how far away from you is he?

Erkan's a common Turkish name; there happened to be two Erkans in my Finance tutorial last year - one was a complete brainiac (and is possibly now in a grad position at one of the eeevil invesment banks) while the other only showed up to the first and very last tute.

Fair enough, it was the sizzle that really reminded me of it - and the title got people's attention at least! :D

Would be cool if they did the stereotype thing worldwide. The UK one could greet you with "Tally ho, good chap!".

Hahaha, seriously :lol:

Definately has the sizzle. I fucking love that tone actually. gassing hard for the rectumfrier now.

Thanks a lot man, that makes two of us! :D Good luck snagging it! (and of course give it a proper workout before you leave the guy feedback; the tubes that came with mine didn't work, so I told the seller, and he express-mailed me a quad of Winged C 6L6's which did the trick - now that's service!)

Oh, and thanks a lot Bob! And Erkan, good to meet you dude, and you asked...

My name is Erkan

Hahaha! Damn you dude, you took the whole paranthesis... funny guy! :) Dude you have a great voice, it would fit so well for narration and stuff! Have you tried singing btw? Could sound good there too.

Thanks for the trouble, now I know exactly what my name sounds like over there! :D

:D

Sounds like a Star Trek alien or maybe an Uruk Hai.

Haha, thumbs up for that! I'm the alien refugee from Star Trek, who found his way to this forum and doing music and shit! That's totally awesome.

You say it like: Örkn (if it would be in swedish haha), in gothenburg...ish... you would say Ärrkann (IPA: ærkan) :loco:.

Ah yeah, I figured it would be something like that, and Metaltastic kinda confirmed it in his super excellent awesome godlike voice clip. Cheers!

Erkan's a common Turkish name; there happened to be two Erkans in my Finance tutorial last year - one was a complete brainiac (and is possibly now in a grad position at one of the eeevil invesment banks) while the other only showed up to the first and very last tute.

Yeah that's correct, my parents are from Turkey, I'm born in Sweden so that makes me a ... omg I'm a Turk-Swede! ^^

And sorry for going totally off-topic with my name and shit, I feel like an attention whore now :( Let's not dwell deeper into this!

Metaltastic, I think your tone was good man, and if you're up for reamping a whole song later, I can track 'em guitars down nice and tight and send 'em over to ya. I'm just kinda waiting on Morgoe's sis to do some vocals so I get a better picture of what it's gonna sound like... the guitars aren't 100% of the music after all (ouch, that's gotta sting some of you guitarists? :D)

You also mentioned my digital guitar tone, and that it reminded you of some Bloodbath tone. Maybe I should make a clip and post with my current digital monitoring tone, and find out what more people think :p

?
that one's a rec?

Well that I can't be certain on, cuz I've never actually heard Jens say it, but it's pretty clear from this thread that the Dual Rec is his favorite amp (which is also what convinced me to buy one :D), and Twilight certainly sounds like it to me! Though I guess that sound could also be a Marshall JVM, cuz he used one on the new Opeth, but it sounds more like a Rectifier to me...

And Erkan, thanks man, glad you liked my coos :lol: I feel I could be *ok* at singing, cuz I have pretty good pitch, but my range is a fucking joke, honestly, so all I could do would be the bellowy baritone thing (see: Warrel Dane), which I'm NOT a fan of, too "musical theater" for me :puke: And yeah, you should totally post that digital tone you had, I dug it!