Accidentally nailed the "TGE" tone?

Ah, so they do! However, I won't fully believe it until I hear Jens say it (AA are Krank endorsees, after all, and despite the fact that Opeth shows Laney's in the studio diaries for Ghost Reveries, in the above linked thread Jens said "Laney would never come near one of my sessions, at least not for guitars"). Judging strictly by the sound, it could go either way; I dunno, it sounds a lot more like a Rectifier from that dry tone with a lot of high-end detail, but I haven't really messed with a Krank before, so maybe it can do that sound too! (but all the clips I've heard on here of the Rev and Rev Jr. have a much more saturated quality to my ears)

Sounds really good man. I like seeing people not bashing the rectos like I normally see. My favorite amp ever.

I'll have a 2 Channel Mesa within 2 hours hopefully.

Not the blackface. But I'll do a Metaltastic and get it Powder Coated.

Hope you get it man. I really love mine. I have a 2 channel but it's not a blackface either.

uber1.jpg

Sounds really good man. I like seeing people not bashing the rectos like I normally see. My favorite amp ever.

Thanks a lot dude! As far as I'm concerned, anyone who bashes a Recto either a) doesn't know what a Tube Screamer is, b) doesn't know how to tweak an amp, or c) wants to justify their purchase of a more expensive amp that probably doesn't even sound as good under a mic!

And Pete, congrats man - but I painted mine myself, thank you very much :D Gotta get some light-grit sandpaper to get that dish-towel lint off and then paint it again though... (note to self: "dry to the touch" doesn't mean you can stack books on it with dish towels at the bottom to stick it back on the headshell! :erk: )

Thanks a lot dude! As far as I'm concerned, anyone who bashes a Recto either a) doesn't know what a Tube Screamer is, b) doesn't know how to tweak an amp, or c) wants to justify their purchase of a more expensive amp that probably doesn't even sound as good under a mic!

And Pete, congrats man - but I painted mine myself, thank you very much :D Gotta get some light-grit sandpaper to get that dish-towel lint off and then paint it again though... (note to self: "dry to the touch" doesn't mean you can stack books on it with dish towels at the bottom to stick it back on the headshell! :erk: )

I 100% agree. My Bogner doesn't record nearly as good as my recto either. BTW your rectifier looks really good, especially for a do it yourself job. :)

I 100% agree. My Bogner doesn't record nearly as good as my recto either. BTW your rectifier looks really good, especially for a do it yourself job. :)

Yeah, I can't really think of any albums I know of that have the Uber on 'em, but I've heard really good things about 'em, and I'm dying to try one out! Thanks for the props on the DIY; just gotta put the finishing touches on it!

And Damian, thanks dude - give in to the GAS! :heh:

Oh, and sorry for not responding on MSN dude - I'm working on a study guide for a test, so I couldn't allow myself to get into another lengthy gear discussion (much as I do enjoy them :D)

Oh, and sorry for not responding on MSN dude - I'm working on a study guide for a test, so I couldn't allow myself to get into another lengthy gear discussion (much as I do enjoy them :D)

Haha, but gear discussion on Sneap forum is fine while studying, somehow

:p

Btw, I definitely cannot give in to GAS. I have about a million other things on my list ahead of the Recto, unfortunately.

Well the great thing about the Sneap forum is it's not in real-time, so when my brain feels like it's ready to pack up and set up shop elsewhere, I can pop in periodically, drop some wisdom, and resume my studying penance :D