Acoustic bands like Opeth?

Prophetix

Devon killed Buddy
Sep 4, 2001
Dawlat elBa7rain
www.opeth.com
I've known Opeth for like 2 years now. But never ever stumbled upon a band that sounds so brilliant in acoustic guitars like Opeth. Theres always Opeth's main acoustic influence, Camel.. But does anyone know of anymore?

well, i just made a thread like this, alot of people say ulver, and i like suidakra, they do quite a bit of acoustic songs. i know of a lot of acoustic songs metal bands do but not really totally acoustic bands,

Well, my post is pretty useless I guess. :lol: I really don't know of too many bands that really focus on acoustic, but I'll just give some random thoughts on what I know? I'd be really interested in it, so I'd like to see some other responses anyway...

Pink Floyd - Meddle is a great mostly acoustic album.

If you have not, definitely check out Nick Drake. He's a much older artist, put under the "folk" label, but it's really awesome. He uses a lot of different tunings that give him a very unique guitar sound (and he plays it quite well, I might add). Also, he's a brilliant poetic lyricist (although it slighlty shows the time difference). He died young, and left only 3 LPs.

If I'm not mistaken, Mikael mentioned Nick Drake before in some interview or something? Either way, I'd certainly try to hear some of his music.

I don't hear many artists that focus on acoustics the way Opeth does. Many will incorporate it, but Opeth really brings it to the forefront. I know I'd like to see more bands that did...

Also, Camel is wonderful. I haven't heard much by them, but you can definitely hear Opeth being influenced by them. I plan to buy an album by them soon.

Anyway, I hope this was of any help to you. :lol:

Another name a lot of people are probably going to mention is Maudlin Of The Well, their music has a lot of acoustic moments. from Ulver you may want to try "Bergtatt" and "Kveldssanger" and of course many folk-oriented bands use frequently acoustic guitars.

Originally posted by TheLedTool
Also, Camel is wonderful. I haven't heard much by them, but you can definitely hear Opeth being influenced by them. I plan to buy an album by them soon.

May I suggest "The Stationary Traveller". There are moments in that album that could literally bring you to tears..

CURRENT 93: All the Pretty Little Horsies (+about everything what Paul Tibet has created...)

So fucking beautiful that you don't want to exist in this world.

Go for Nick Drake, you wont be dissapointed. I understand if Opeth got inspiration from his. The same melancholic and wonderful music...

Originally posted by Prophetix

May I suggest "The Stationary Traveller". There are moments in that album that could literally bring you to tears..

I'll keep that in mind. I've heard suggestions for other Camel albums as well. I was originally planning to just buy the original self-titled album (newly remastered I believe). I loved the instrumental song, "Stationary Traveller." The other Camel song I heard was "Never Let Go"...