Admit to Music You Like (aren't supposed to)

^Haah, I think the first piece is known from it's appearance in a rather well known movie...

Too bad I don't really have an hour of time to watch the whole thing. But yes, it's epic.

it's used for tons of sport-related things. to hype a boxing/wrestling match. the WWF use to use it all the time back in the 90's.

It's actually been used in TONS OF stuff. I was referring to Star Wars.

Found this site:

http://headbutler.com/music/carmina_burana.asp

"--- the most over-used piece of music in film and commercials: Carl Orff's Carmina Burana.

South Park. Star Wars. Excalibur. Natural Born Killers. Techno games. Gatorade commercials. And that's just the tip of this music's appeal to filmmakers and marketers who need emotion efficiently evoked."

There you go.

Daft Punk. Well, their Discovery album.

I like that one, too.

I'll allways freely admit that the first vinyl album I bought was Modern Talking's "The 1st Album" back in 1985. Also, I enjoyed Wham's "Final Album" a lot. It all got a little better with Europe's "The Final Countdown" ;)

Then again, my first CD was the Fine Young Cannibal's "The Raw and the Cooked" ...

I have a LOT of songs on my i-tunes that I consider to be my "guilty pleasures." Lots of stuff from the 80's like Tears for Fears, The Fixx, Oingo Boingo (Yeah, I was a big fan of new wave back when I was a kid). Some rap like Tupac and Biggie. Some country like Willie and Waylon. I'm pretty eclectic. I also listen to some pop stuff that I'm not particularly ashamed of, like Peter Gabriel (I love everything he's ever done). I also like some "new age" stuff like Loreena McKennitt (She has some absolutely spectacular albums. Thos of you who have mentioned Christmas music, should check out her album To Drive the Cold Winter Away. One of the best Christmas albums I've ever heard).

Peter Gabriel (I love everything he's ever done).
I'm a massive fan. however, music so amazing should never be a guilty pleasure :)

I myself listen to a lot of stuff you wouldn't expect of someone who looks like they're exclusively a metalhead. A lot of my favourite music (and most of my favourite metal aswell, funnily enough), comes from the late 70s, and then through the 80s and 90s....post-punk, goth, alternative rock, punk, and some normal pop and rock stuff. I also like a lot of those 90s dance hits, being a child of that decade myself. I'm also into psychedelic rock and progressive stuff from the 60s and 70s, old skool 80s/90s Rap/Hip Hop, and some modern urban music like Grime and Drum 'n Bass. Also very small amounts of classical, and some jazz/swing/blues stuff.

I don't really think they're "guilty pleasures" though:Smokin:

alright...my list: :erk:

George Michael/Wham - many songs actually, sadly (yes, even that atrocious christmas song)
No Doubt - Don't Speak (although I guess that's mainly due to Gwen being so damn hot in that video)
Aerosmith - Crazy, Amazing(great solo btw!) and many more, their ballads mainly
...and a bunch of crappy 80s pop tunes (childchood memories!?)

so you see, mostly older stuff. that's because I used to listen to a lot of CRAP before getting into SERIOUS metal music around the age of 16. :)

No Doubt - Don't Speak (although I guess that's mainly due to Gwen being so damn hot in that video)

lol +1

mines are: savage garden, the offspring, nofx, bush and i used to listen some numetal shit like limp bizki:erk:t. good thread btw

jesus christ you guys. you're allowed to like things that aren't metal without them being guilty pleasures. some of you make me wonder.

I like some Cyndi Laupher, i don't know if it's because of nostalgic reasons or that i just think she's good. Same thing with Ace Of Base.

Oh and that French pop singer, Alizée, but mostly just cause she's unbelievably good-looking.

man, a friend of mine showed me one of her videos, and yes, she is hot, and the song was quite catchy.

some others:
michael jackson, good music, really
blondie
randy travis
black eyed peas
carla bruni is another hot french woman