Admit to Music You Like (aren't supposed to)

Im not really embarrassed of any music i like, but in the context of this thread i could say i like pop hits: i thoroughly enjoyed Rihanna's hit streak for instance ;), and i also like Womanizer, and 50 cent's biggest hit, and Sugababes, and... many more... hehe... I also like bad music when its really bad, or music that is driven to some sick extreme, like Anal cunt, or some Guns n' roses songs with idiotic lyrics like One in a million... I listen to this music to relax and get rest and such music is important part of my "system" :).

The embarrassing moment comes for me when i have to admit to myself that i like some of this music more than i do some other music that is supposed to be great and important and yet doesnt resonate with me.

311 (Blue)
Linkin Park (Hybrid Theory)
Stained (Dysfunction)
Bush (16 stone)
Everclear (Sparkle and Fade)
Smashing Pumpkins (Siamese Dream, Mellon Collie)
Korn (Follow the Leader)
Limp Biscuit (Significant Other)
Green Day (Dookie)
The Offspring (Smash)

Interesting thing about it all is that I only liked one album from each except the Smashing Pumpkins. I listened to there older or newer releases after those and hated them.

whats embarrassing about the smashing pumpkins? they are a fantastic band and corgan is a very talented song-writer.

This thread is really weird anyway. What the fuck is up with naming "The Beatles" here...Uhh, even if your nick is "Metal rebel".

This thread is really weird anyway. What the fuck is up with naming "The Beatles" here...Uhh, even if your nick is "Metal rebel".

I hoped that people could come to the realization that they don't care if they're fitting certain requirements in what they listen to. There's still a powerful sense of right and wrong as far as musical taste goes, and I hope people can come to reject that.