Admit to Music You Like (aren't supposed to)

I like some of the rap stuff......the beats sound good..but then I remember the lifestyle that it depicts and well....I am confused :p

A while ago I made an 80's playlist on iTunes, wich included Forever Young, Africa, Hold the line and Jump for my love, among others! :) Sometimes I enjoy singing along to those songs, but I am quite ashamed about it... Now the internet knows :)

Stephen Lynch
Flight Of The Conchords
MC Frontalot
Tori Amos
Kate Nash
Tricky
Kaki King
The Pogues
Flogging Molly
Sara Bareilles
Modest Mouse

I can also listen to the soundtrack to Dr Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog over and over again.

I don't think bands like Flight of the conchords or Tenacious D can be legitimately mentioned here, they are after all self-confessed joke bands.

2pac, Nas, The Game and various other rappers.

Depeche Mode, Music For the Masses-ish era (favorite being Violator).

Various goth rock and darkwave bands.

80's pop in general.

Your mom's queefs as I'm hittin' it dogg style.

I like some of the rap stuff......the beats sound good..but then I remember the lifestyle that it depicts and well....I am confused :p

When confronted with this rappers usually say that they were brought up in a certain environment, they grew up a certain way and to pretend otherwise would be fake. Most (respected) rappers of the gangsta variety are usually telling the truth when they say this.

Some gangsta rappers revel in it (50 Cent) while others provide insights into the trials of growing up that way and try to rally a change in the community (half of 2pac's stuff).