Admit to Music You Like (aren't supposed to)

I never understood liking a musical artist for their looks. If you appreciate the music that's fine and all, but if you only like a band because the front woman is hot (and you buy their albums because of that) then I think your money would be better spent on posters and magazine issues in which she appears.

you got me wrong: i do turn up the volume whenever "hot and cold" comes on tv or somewhere else...meaning, i do enjoy the song. it's just that i dont like her that much to pay for her album. catch my drift?

and pop music has always been in association with performance and looks. looks and song go hand in hand. i do not enjoy katy perry the way i enjoy arvo part or kayo dot.

Also, the Misfits and Sublime are fantastic. Thanks for the props, suboptimization expert. I'm taking a break from this forum until I can stand it again, see you guys later.

By the way, I'm the poster formerly known as Illidan. Mr Samsara kindly granted me a name change because I was sick of the WoW connection.

-BU

Brand New, Lil Wayne, Bruce Springsteen, Conor Oberst (ie. that dude from Bright Eyes), Demilich (popular on GMD, probably not on the Opeth forum), MIA (yes, I love Paper Planes), N.W.A., Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, T.I., Chris Thile and Nickel Creek, Nine Inch Nails, MGMT, Interpol, Paradise Lost's and SymX's and Amorphis' latest albums.

Do I win anything cool?

I like listening to: Abba (I liked them before Mike got back into them), MGMT, The Strokes, anything Mike Patton, Toto, Amy Winehouse, Autolux, B-52's, Beach Boys, Beatles, Bon Jovi, Motley Crue, Daft Punk, Fleetwood Mac, Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Herbie Hancock, Miles Davis, Jack Johnson, Jeff Buckley, Korn, Mars Volta, Muse, Paul Kelly, A Perfect Circle, Queen, Radiohead, The Chili Peppers, The stones, Tool...the list goes on. Lots of 'Non-Metal' stuff I love listening to!