After Orchid Opeth Sucks

I have thought about this and after much deliberation realized the solution to any band getting bashed. After every album that a band releases they should change their name and possibly even their own legal names as well to avoid anyone getting the clue. This way, every album will be a debut and will be followed by new fans clamoring about their "new up and coming band that is destined for the big time." This will make it possible to avoid anyone bitching about a band changing it's direction.

And you know what? I bet the same people that bitched about later releases will like every single album.

The post is trollish, but I must say that 'Orchid' is a brilliant album, and by far better than 'Blackwater Park' which is boring to say the least. 'Orchid' is fresh, raw, melodic, inventive and progressive. It is an album before it's time, and the production makes it all the more charming. A milestone for metal.

I can't imagine anyone who actually likes this type of music thinking that Opeth sucks. I think they are so good. I love all five of the cds I have, and I wish I wasn't so frickin' poor or else I would go out and get Deliverence also.

Originally posted by Draconian Demon
Why is there so much hype around Opeth? They are such an overrated band. After Orchid they lost touch with themselves and started to release crap. It is too bad, for Orchid is a masterpiece. Obviously I will get bashed here, but frankly they suck nowadays.
:rolleyes:

Originally posted by IgnorancePersonified
Has their sound changed dramatically, or are you all exaggerating?

I don't think we'll lose our classic Opeth anytime soon, however Damnation is a totally different album than anything else they have done, not an indicator that a total sound rehash is in the works for every future release though.

Yeah, it's something that they want to experiment with. And seeing as both their mellow and aggressive songs both sound fantastic, I have no problem with that whatsoever. :)

haha, you people act like you are so elite. Then again, it just seems like a bunch of lowlifes that have nothing better to do than post on the Opeth board all day.

And if I did not like Opeth, I would not like Orchid. Get your facts straight.

Originally posted by Draconian Demon
Then again, it just seems like a bunch of lowlifes that have nothing better to do than post on the Opeth board all day.

And your trolling the board make you the life of the party, huh? If you had put your opinion off in a more constructive way, then you might have got a more amicapable response. But.. you put your thoughts across like a prick, you get treated like a prick. It goes with the territory.

of course, but after I heard Still Life I stopped. I hate 70s prog. HATE. And there is was. I do not know what happened. So I think they suck. I love Orchid, and think it is a masterpiece, but after hearing Still Life I lost all taste for the band. And it is a shame they are not coming to Michigan with Paraidse Lost, PL rules, and I would hope to hear at least one Orchid song.