Album of the year

liama

The Beast
Aug 30, 2005
San Antonio, Texas
Since we are near the end of the year it is time for the dreaded……………Album of the year thread!! To keep it short no honorable mentions!

After much consideration....My vote goes to :worship: Overkill “RELIXIV”.:headbang:

This came out early this year and has not spent a lot of time out of me CD player since. The show here in San Antonio this year in support of this album was one of the highlights of my year.

bert said:
AOR for me too but Mighty Rearranger a very close second!

Cool mate! Thats 2 for the Priest!!
whos/wats 'Mighty Rearranger' btw?

liama said:
Any thoughts on the Overkill disc?

Have not actually heard it, got a mate who used to be well into them, will have to ask him about it...

My album of the year. Velcra - Consequences of Disobedience (2002)

A recent discovery and everything I should hate in a band. There are 3 video's on their site you can download if your interested. A review:

"As each song ends, every male – and most females too – are given a moment to catch their breath, pop their eyes back firmly into their sockets and role their tongues back into their mouths, utterly speechless and possibly a little intimidated at something so unique, so fresh and so… so… well… different." 5/5 - Drowned in Sound

www.velcra.com - click on the mushroom.

MatRattz said:
My album of the year. Velcra - Consequences of Disobedience (2002)

A recent discovery and everything I should hate in a band. There are 3 video's on their site you can download if your interested. A review:

"As each song ends, every male – and most females too – are given a moment to catch their breath, pop their eyes back firmly into their sockets and role their tongues back into their mouths, utterly speechless and possibly a little intimidated at something so unique, so fresh and so… so… well… different." 5/5 - Drowned in Sound

www.velcra.com - click on the mushroom.

Im always up for something a little bit different! Not bad at all, prolly something that would grow on me. The girls vocals are strangely familiar,,If you played the game Vampire:Bloodlines on the pc there is a part where you go into a nightclub and this weird industrial techno song is playing, her voice was similar to that....Anyway, i would'nt mind hearing the album...Will have to keep an eye out for it.

Thanks for the link btw matrattz!

white stripes/the darkness,fucking hell i thought you people liked heavy metal not pop.any way my vote goes to velvet revolver:contraband: followed by the priest AOR.
dont you know that you can change the world

kev the beliver said:
white stripes/the darkness,fucking hell i thought you people liked heavy metal not pop.any way my vote goes to velvet revolver:contraband: followed by the priest AOR.
dont you know that you can change the world

I think this thread is about what we, as individuals, think the album of the year is - not the "let's have a go at people's tastes" thread! And for the record - I have NEVER made the statement that I only like Heavy Metal - in fact, I like many different genres of music, and from reading previous threads, it seems Wilks likes different music too. I wouldn't say The White Stripes or The Darkness are "pop" - but so what if they were?? And while I'm here - what is a "beliver" when it's at home?? :Smug: