Albums currently displeasing your ass

sentenced.jpg
GTFO, this album is fucking awesome.

Agreed on Eluveitie. They have some fun tunes every once in a while, but pretty bad as a whole. Cannot stand more than 3 songs in a row.

norma_jean_anti_mother_cover.jpg

I dont think Ive ever heard anything worse then this.

You seem to listen to all the albums metal heads generally detest. I have to wonder if you honestly listened to them to see if it was good or simply checked them out to say how bad they were.

I always thought of him being one of those guys that downloads every single metal release as they come out and listens to a couple tracks so he has an "opinion" about it.

Heh, I used to get as many albums as possible to an extent. Not just to listen to a couple tracks mind you. These days though I don't acquire nearly as much music, aside from what I receive for reviews.

But yeah, even when I did that, if I didn't like a certain bands style to an extreme I simply wouldn't check them out again unless there was significant proof of them improving. Certainly don't understand that mentality.

QFT

Waitan is a awesome band ... all of their albums are solid, Casus Luciferi is fucking great and their new album is pretty killer too.

Agreed. Not every band that recieves media attention and critical acclaim is "over hyped". Watain is damn solid.

The newest Watain (I don't even remember its name) is the most generic crap ever. During the first listen, Sworn To The Dark is cool Dissection/Mayhem-worship, but there's really nothing substantial beneath the surface, so it becomes less and less enjoyable the more you listen, as opposed to growing on you. Casus Luciferi and Rabid Death's Curse are two great albums however. They really had something unique and interesting going there for a while before they lost ambition.

I fail to see the Dissection worship on Sworn to the Dark. If you meant the band's ideology then that's fine. But musically, they're not Dissection worship.

Not sure if serious? Half of the material on that album sounds like it came straight from Storm Of The Light's Bane. See 5:14 in this song for just one very obvious example.

Last edited by a moderator:
I fail to see the Dissection worship on Sworn to the Dark. If you meant the band's ideology then that's fine. But musically, they're not Dissection worship.

Both bands have alot in common from a musical standpoint. I would say Watain is highly influenced by Dissection but not ripping off their sound or anything. Both bands are awesome so idc.

Schwärzung;9600376 said:
Pyro, I am disappoint. WITTR are sex.

Not trying to rag on you, but what turned you off in this?

Two Hunters is the only WITTR that i dont enjoy. Black Cascade is one of my favourite albums. Saw them in concert a few weeks ago and it was amazing.

Two Hunters is just way too ambient for me. If it didnt have Cleansing and Dia Artio and had two more 10min+ songs more in the vein of Ahrimanic Trance/Wanderer Above The Sea of Fog then i would enjoy it.

Two Hunters is the only WITTR that i dont enjoy. Black Cascade is one of my favourite albums. Saw them in concert a few weeks ago and it was amazing.

Two Hunters is just way too ambient for me. If it didnt have Cleansing and Dia Artio and had two more 10min+ songs more in the vein of Ahrimanic Trance/Wanderer Above The Sea of Fog then i would enjoy it.

I love Two Hunters, but I do agree that Black Cascade is better. I do love a bit of ambience in my black metal though. I don't imagine you like Burzum too much either then.

I love Two Hunters, but I do agree that Black Cascade is better. I do love a bit of ambience in my black metal though. I don't imagine you like Burzum too much either then.

Ambient/Atmospheric black metal is one of my favourite genres, its just that i dont turn to WITTR for it. With Diadem they got the ambient and raw black metal mix just right for their style, the same with Black Cascade although the style on that album is more black metal orientated with ambient bits in the background that you barely notice, but Two Hunters is just too ambient heavy for a WITTR album. Dia Atrio and Cleansing are more like an Intro and an Outro so the album doesnt even feel like a full length.

I dont dislike Burzum but i dont listen to them that often and when i do its usually just Filosofem. Im looking forward to Fallen though.

1238224797_folder.jpg

Wow, this is fucking gay. Sorry but hearing a dude sing "where is your savior where hides jesus why isn't he at war against us" drunkenly over really poor instrumentals, or hearing a guy profess his love for forests in the same drunken manner is very irritating and not at all kvlt or badass. :zombie: