Albums currently displeasing your ass

Autopsy-Macabre-Eternal-2011.jpg

b_45779_Sacramentum-The_Coming_Of_Chaos-1997.jpg

This band's first album, obviously amazing. Rivals anything Dissection ever did (or any other band with that sound) and that's saying a lot since i'm a huge Dissection fan

...but is it just me or is this far more melodeath than melodic black metal

Macabre Eternal doesn't belong in this thread. I hope you misread the title.

I already hate you for responding to my smiley with another smiley, but I have to ask out of curiosity: What exactly do you find to be "displeasing" about the new Autopsy album? :)

I already hate you for responding to my smiley with another smiley, but I have to ask out of curiosity: What exactly do you find to be "displeasing" about the new Autopsy album? :)

It's not a bad album, I just found it boring..idk I have odd taste.

I think the fact that it's 65 minutes alone puts it at a pretty significant disadvantage. I can only think of two really classic death metal albums that are over 50 minutes and that manage to be interesting throughout.

I'm giving Macabre Eternal my first listen now and I'm not really sure what to think of it except for it is not dissonant enough. Not nearly dissonant enough. I was under the presumption that it was going to sound like Horrific Obsession which I felt was the proper return for Autopsy. Don't get me wrong, Macabre Eternal doesn't suck. It's pretty good. However, I think they overdid it and thought way too much into it. I loved Shitfun and Seminal Vampires and Maggot Men for the pure fact that it was extremely raw, underdone, and pure insanity. Macabre Eternal is nothing like that. Maybe it will grow on me. I will say though, I do not like the 11 minute song.

I've listened to some of Macabre Eternal and do not like it as of now as much as The Tomb Within. It's an hour long.

Thy Black Destiny is my favorite Sacramentum so can't say I agree with it being bad. It's one of my favorite extreme metal albums.

What the fucking fuck? That song sounds like pantera mixed with queens of the stone age or something.