Albums currently displeasing your ass

Ride the Lightning is pretty much perfect and easily one of the most important and creative thrash metal albums (and probably metal in general), so I see nothing ridiculous in stating the obvious regarding Megadeth's discography.

I like Megadeth, but Ride, Puppets, and Justice are EACH better than Megadeth's discography put together.

Thrash is awesome, though I have been digging death metal more lately.

Rust in Peace is up there in terms of great thrash metal albums (along with RTL). KEA is half written by Mustaine, which is what makes it my favorite Metallica album. Megadeth's later material is way better than Metallica's (and I'm a big fan of Met's later work) but the early stuff is about even for both.

Mustaine is one of the best songwriters in metal history. He's up there with Varg.

I agree that Ride the Lightning is better than anything by Megadeth. I'm rarely in the mood for Megadeth and suspect they are somewhat overrated.

never been a huge thrash fan but always felt the same, i never got a lot out of megadeth. ride the lightning is one of the reasons i listen to metal today, and i still find it to be excellent.

Ride the Lightning is pretty much perfect and easily one of the most important and creative thrash metal albums (and probably metal in general), so I see nothing ridiculous in stating the obvious regarding Megadeth's discography.

Yeah, Rust in Peace is a damn great album but RtL can't be matched. Or Master of Puppets / And Justice for All... as a matter of fact.

im not even trying to push this Megadeth vs Metallica thing any further ... but not a single Metallica album comes close to even touching Rust in Peace.

i dont consider anything from Metallica outside of their first two albums special ... MoP is one of the most overrated metal albums of all time, and AJFA is average at best, i consider both to be pretty boring melodic mid-paced thrash albums, with songs that are too long for their own good .... but if anyone, and i mean anyone thinks those two albums are better than RiP or KiMB needs to get their fucking ears checked

Megadeth is and has always been the better band, in every way possible(songwriting, talent, musicianship, discography, etc)

Killing is My Business > Kill Em All (two of the greatest debut albums of all time)
Peace Sells = Ride The Lightning
So Far, So Good ... So What! > Master of Puppets
Rust In Peace > ... And Justice For All

... and ill just leave it at those four albums, since Megadeth completely shits on the rest of Metallicas discography.

No, you're actually very wrong. No Metallica album touches RIP? AJFA, average at best? Do you have shit-deposits in your ears, son?

He's kind of right, though. Thrash is easily the most pedestrian and lackluster extreme metal subgenre.

Eternal_Nightmare.jpg

I think from this point on, we should start a "HamburgerBoy Facepalm Count", where we record every single future instance where he makes someone facepalm. The count is curently at: 1.