Albums currently displeasing your ass

That Iced Earth album sounds like it came out of the Barlow era. Krow is off base again per usual.

The last Barlow album was shitty too.
Honestly Iced Earth hasn’t released anything with replay value since Horror Show. Dystopia was alright. Everything else goes from shit to garbage with an occasional good song stuck in there.

I tried to be a Stu Block apologist for years too but his voice sucks and he only sounds decent when he’s trying to mimic Barlow. I bought this album alongside the newest Night Demon album and Darkness Remains easily puts it to shame.

Reactions: zerostatic and CiG
I haven't really listened to Spellcaster. I just remember when one of the members had his mugshot as his artist picture on The Metal Archives after he got arrested for beating his girlfriend. :lol:

loudness-devil.jpg

Huge disappointment after the debut. It seems like they spent all their riffs on the first one, they're all extremely rudimentary here. Has decent leads though, and at least they do play it Loud. It's just nowhere near the same league as the first one, I think. Holding my breath for their next two.

loudness-devil.jpg

Huge disappointment after the debut. It seems like they spent all their riffs on the first one, they're all extremely rudimentary here. Has decent leads though, and at least they do play it Loud. It's just nowhere near the same league as the first one, I think. Holding my breath for their next two.
I like Devil Soldier but I'd definitely say that Disillusion and The Law of Devil's Land are more developed albums with more replay value.

I like Devil Soldier but I'd definitely say that Disillusion and The Law of Devil's Land are more developed albums with more replay value.
Cool! Reviews seem to be better overall as well. Got the The Law... ordered, and am definitely hopeful. The debut is up there with the very best of traditional metal for me.

e105c4914f8f.jpg

In the first place I don't like vocalists that try to sound like Ozzy; I think it's jarring because he's such a distinctive vocalist that no one would ever accidentally sound like Ozzy (and in a doom band, no less) so it greatly undermines any belief that what you're hearing is sincere expression and not just mimicry (and apparently Linderson mimics Reagers during his stint with Vitus; what a fraud.) Furthermore a lot of these songs seem to have no aim beyond just trying to be crushingly heavy. Basically everything I don't want out of doom; DNF.

4375.jpg

It's been a decade so I figured maybe I'd be more tolerant of this album now. Maybe I was setting my standards too high, maybe the vocalist resembles Tate but the writing isn't that similar. One Small Voice grew on me, after all.

No, this is still generic as fuck, and the parts that aren't plagiarized are often just bad. I have no fucking idea how this has such a following when albums like Drive's Characters in Time are forgotten.

EDIT: Ok, What They've Done is actually a pretty decent song.

Last edited:
I'd like that Drive album to be reissued. It's not impossible to find, but I figure it would probably be a popular reissue.