Albums currently displeasing your ass

Massive Killing Capacity is the one that got me into Dismember. It's not really a favorite of mine anymore, but I still appreciate the great meaty production and the solid songs that bring both groove and melody to the table. Still the only streamlined Swedeath album that I actually enjoy.

Reactions: CiG
Also probably the best example of death 'n' roll there is. It's very catchy and groovy but without becoming embarrassing like the average death 'n' roll album is. It has a good balance.

yeah maybe it's because I started listening to Like an Everflowing Stream and when I listened to Massive Killing Capacity it was a big difference between those early releases from Dismember. Some people just enjoy this sound obviously that I hate on this particular album. Don't try to justify it but trying to explain my different perception on this one.

defiance-beyond-recognition.jpg

Vocals are fucking horrendous, the worst Hetfield/Billy parody combined. MAH HUMANITAAAY, A CONSPIRISAAAAAY, A FAKE MEMORAAAAY. The tech-thrash elements are all wasted and forced, like every single song needs an obligatory "guitars go clean and the hi-hat starts going fast while the vocalist talks/whispers about dreamstates through a flanger over a bloopy bass line" section. A shame because it's all very tight, the riffs are usually at least ok if not actually pretty good on occasion, and the production is great, but holy fuck they blew it everywhere else.

Last edited:
Black Tide - Light From Above. Hadn't listened to this in full since 2009 (thanks Last.fm) and it's worse than I remember. I knew they were in the realm of diluted piss but man they really drank it straight from the urethra. Of course, these days you might find a video of the vocalist doing exactly that if his simps fronted the cash for it.

Im on the first song and it doesnt sound bad so far, the mix is very rough though, drums don't sound great.

Edit: Track two kinda sucks. What the fuck happened.

Edit 2: Eh. I want to like it. Its got some cool ideas, but its mostly boring so far, the mix sucks and its played so sloppy for their standards. Maybe I'll warm up to it.

Last edited:
Lol in all honesty the speeds not really my problem with it, they just sound... tired. Like they didn't want to come back to record this one.

Guitar tone's soft, mix sucks, sloppy.

Again, some good ideas here and there but easily their worst work.

Shame cause musically Arghoslent was one of my favorite bands at one point.

Ahahahahahaha. Ive always been kinda "don't ask don't tell" irl about listening to Arghoslent. 😂 not even into them for the edge (I mean, I definitely got caught up in some of the edge here on the boards, back in the day, but that was par for the course here), its just an "in spite of" kinda thing

Last edited: