Albums currently displeasing your ass

cr12S0t.jpg

First couple of listens to this haven't been all that eyebrow raising to me. Was a big Ihsahn fan up to Eremita but am finding his last few releases have featured a little too much electronic stuff for my tastes.

This kinda sucks. Pretty disappointing. Name and imagery wrote a check it’s mid paced ass couldn’t cash. Waste of $14.

4FF6219C-80E2-47A6-A74B-93177D2902D3.jpeg

595px-Megadeth-Risk.jpg

Still shit. I have no idea why people think of Prince of Darkness as a hidden gem on this album, edgiest shit imaginable built on the most simplistic groove metal riff possible.

Apparently the album was named Risk because Lars Ulrich said in an interview that Dave needs to take more risks with his music.

Geez, way to hang off Lars words & show the world you've gotten over being kicked out of Metallica, Dave.

I will most likely get the two vinyl which are released because to my knowledge those albums did not have vinyl releases initially.

edit: Looks like TWNAH had one LP release in the UK and TSHF had an LP release in Europe but nothing for the US

I'm not even going to touch the RIP remaster because he ruined that one. He just needs to remix/remaster and not re-record anything for these.

All in all, I would still listen to the worst Megadeth albums before whichever the best Manilla Road album is considered since the opinions differ there.

Last edited:
51flfTqoUfL.jpg

So I'm doing a Meshuggah run just to say I have gone through their stuff comprehensively. I can honestly say this is the first album of theirs I've genuinely hated listening to. The first two tracks and Closed Eye Visuals are OK, I guess, but the rest ranges from being tedium to outright crap.

Yeah, I never really go into that album. just seems like they repeat the same idea over & over. Has its moments that's for sure, but get tedious midway through.

pretty bland album from Dismember. Don't get me wrong I love this band but the rythm guitars on this one sound like a rusty car engine at times and the vocalist isn't really inspired aswell.The only track i really like is "Life - Another Shape of Sorrow" but that was it.

And that after they released such masterpieces "Like an Everflowing Stream" and "Indecent and Obscene".
Wished i had picked another album to listen to - waste of time I could slap myself in the face sometimes.