Albums currently displeasing your ass

Thrash_Anthems.jpg

Destruction-Thrash-Anthems-II-2017.jpg

Holy shit, I hate this. Not only do these genuinely lose the soul of the original tracks but in many cases just come off as inferior. Done for no reason other than the pathetic excuse of "modernization".

Last edited:
Reactions: HamburgerBoy
Never bothered with the second one obviously but the first Thrash Anthems is undoubtedly the worst re-recording in metal. As someone that considers Bonded by Blood to be the greatest thrash metal album and Baloff's vocals the quintessential performance, even Let There Be Blood sounds ok relative to that piece of shit. Neo-Destruction is useless.

Shylmagoghnar. I rather enjoyed their debut album but this one reeks of sophomore slump. Relies way too much on atmosphere/effects at the expense of interesting riffage.

a2808876969_10.jpg

This may be old news, but one band/album I never liked was Vinnie Paul's "Hell Yeah". Absolute dross.

What the fuck? I must have been half asleep and thought this was the "albums currently kicking your ass" thread lol.

I remember seeing that and being a little surprised, but at the same time no one seems to actually praise Jungle Rot for anything. They're like the Meliah Rage of death metal or something.

Reactions: CiG
It sounds like bootleg To Mega Therion to me. Nothing better than its influence, little different aside from some (ordinary) death/thrash bits, inferior in a lot of ways, particularly in terms of idea quantity.

I can’t deny the obvious Celtic Frost influence, but since when is that a bad a thing. Has some killer riffs and the vocals are sick.

Have you heard Divine Eve’s As the Angels Weep? They were basically a precursor to Crimson Relic but you might like it more.

you're entitled to suicide
... yeah sitting through this album right now is indeed making me contemplate ending it all. The best parts about it is when the vocalist tries to go all Schmier at times, gives me a good laugh. And the fact that i'm comparing an amateur hour album like this in any way to Destruction is kind of funny in itself too.