Albums that resonate in coloUr

It's bloody nice to see that people have respect for Danzig- IV. I remember a lot of people hating that album when it came out, but that's got some of the best fucking songs on it.

As for the others, excellent shit all the way around.

Necromunchkin said:
It's bloody nice to see that people have respect for Danzig- IV. I remember a lot of people hating that album when it came out, but that's got some of the best fucking songs on it.

As for the others, excellent shit all the way around.
Dude, more parallels, Danzig 4p is my #2 album of all time. :loco:

I agree that nothing sounds as black as the Tool and Danzig albums, but Dissection I always thought sounded frigid white, like some wintery maelstrom. Either that or like a bright blue pool of ice, like something out of Secret of Mana.

Nine Inch Nails - The Downard Spiral = rust

NADatar said:
I agree that nothing sounds as black as the Tool and Danzig albums, but Dissection I always thought sounded frigid white, like some wintery maelstrom. Either that or like a bright blue pool of ice, like something out of Secret of Mana.

Dissection is definitely not white for me, it's black -- but I could be persuaded to believe it could be deep oil blue. That whole intro 2 punch of "Fathomless Depths" into "Night's Blood" is liquid blackness to me. Title track too.

A white resonance for me would be something like Tenhi's "Vare" or Sigur Ros' ( ). Maybe even Manes Vilosophe, but then perhaps it's because all the CD inlays are white. :loco:

The Pixies - Surfer Rosa = black
Meshuggah - Nothing = black
Kyuss - anything = brown
Queens of the Stone Age - Rated R = pinstriped

JayKeeley said:
but then perhaps it's because all the CD inlays are white. :loco:
If you're like me, the color of an album really does have a lot to do with the music. Always struck me as odd, but hey, when you... *meaningless trail-off*

My girlfriend my sophamore year freaked out regularly because I wouldn't stop listening to Danzig. She was a bit religious and she just knew listening to such evil music would ensure my first-class passage to hell. I used to get so much shit from her every day over my music taste. Of course she cheated on me with some 22 year old dude on Christmas Eve, but because I sang along to "How the Gods Kill" I'm a horrible person heh heh heh.

We're all going straight ot hell, and I'm driving the mother fucking bus!!! (satan is probably a cool dude, just god makes him look bad... history is written by the victor? hahahaha... i love using that line on religious types)

Necromunchkin said:
My girlfriend my sophamore year freaked out regularly because I wouldn't stop listening to Danzig. She was a bit religious and she just knew listening to such evil music would ensure my first-class passage to hell. I used to get so much shit from her every day over my music taste. Of course she cheated on me with some 22 year old dude on Christmas Eve, but because I sang along to "How the Gods Kill" I'm a horrible person heh heh heh.
:kickass:

Yeah I dated some religious broads but they never bugged me about stuff like that, probably knew it wouldn't make a difference. "All my other boyfriends went to church with me." "Ah." *cranks Slayer*

Yeah, was a weird gig with her. But, revenge came in the form of fucking her sister at her birthday party shortly thereafter (won't tell the complete story, but let's just say I used to be one vicious prick).

Edit- singular, but nonetheless.

Necromunchkin said:
Yeah, was a weird gig with her. But, revenge came in the form of fucking her sisters at her birthday party shortly thereafter (won't tell the complete story, but let's just say I used to be one vicious prick).
Plural? hahaha that rules way more that way.

On-topic: I never just get one color with albums. Listening to Danzig II, is this mix of ash gray, black night, and red of blood, fire, and lust.

Type O Negative "Bloody Kisses" is like this swirl of black, purple, and autumn gold for me.

I think Type O Negative are a prime example of coloUr in music, all their shit is green green green. Even the stuff that's not, well it's just a different shade of green. In fact that one Incubus song Certain Shade of Green? Yep, it was about TON. :dopey: