Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

Sigurðr;9520402 said:
yeah, and you think that kind of people who kills 7-year old kids or any people want to learn something? even when they are in jail they do whatever they want

Indeed! That really pisses me off. You had your chance, you blew it. Some people don't even deserve to go to jail, as they'll (1) probably cause trouble there (rebellions, etc.) and (2) will actually make a profit whilst staying in jail.

There was this guy here, Carlos Hernán Robles, who stole a fucking lot of money from a bank, i.e. from the poor people who were members of the bank. He, and some other guys, literally led the bank (Banco Anglo) to bankruptcy. So after a long time they sentenced him to I-don't-know-how-many-years in prison. But guess what? There, he set-up his own small fabric-bags business, and makes a huge profit since he barely pays anything to his fellow inmates.

Nice, huh? Bloody Banana Republic.

(Incidentally, his daughter was my classmate at, you guess, Colegio Angloamericano. Pretty ironic, I say :p .)

Yet when I ponder on this issue, I wonder what is more inhuman? Killing a person, or letting said person live even if he/she doesn't deserve to?

Indeed! That really pisses me off. You had your chance, you blew it. Some people don't even deserve to go to jail, as they'll (1) probably cause trouble there (rebellions, etc.) and (2) will actually make a profit whilst staying in jail.

There was this guy here, Carlos Hernán Robles, who stole a fucking lot of money from a bank, i.e. from the poor people who were members of the bank. He, and some other guys, literally led the bank (Banco Anglo) to bankruptcy. So after a long time they sentenced him to I-don't-know-how-many-years in prison. But guess what? There, he set-up his own small fabric-bags business, and makes a huge profit since he barely pays anything to his fellow inmates.

Nice, huh? Bloody Banana Republic.

(Incidentally, his daughter was my classmate at, you guess, Colegio Angloamericano. Pretty ironic, I say :p .)

Yet when I ponder on this issue, I wonder what is more inhuman? Killing a person, or letting said person live even if he/she doesn't deserve to?

pretty ironic haha, woah that's insane...when these big guys go to prison they just pay a few bucks to the police officers and direction and they do everything, i was reading a long time ago an article about the ex-carandiru prison *the prison was blew up* there was a day that a big guy from traffic was having birthday so what these guy did?...a birthday party with barbecue alcoholic drinks and strippers...yes in prison dude hahahaha and guess what? he also did invite the director of the prison who went to the party! thats a great mindfuck :lol: here these big guys from traffic gangs rule the prison in every senses, there was an episode last year..a guy went to the jail but he was not guilty but no one listened to him..so the guys from some drug gang inside the prison did a court and they testified that the guy was actually inocent so they just talk with some coordinators from prison and they took the guy off prison....even in prison they rule everything

Interesting, pics? I guess that's good, smaller houses = less forests being cleared up for our greedy needs.

no i don't have pics because it was a paper magazine. but i remember there were some lovely picture of a "stuga" which is a sort of cottage, in the middle of a wood, with a lot of snow and spruces. it was really tiny, 20 mq and everything was rollaway, the table could be folded on the wall, the bed/sofa could be lifted up on the ceiling through some pulleys. everything was studied to spare and organize the space in the better way possibile.
i'm not saying that swedish or norvegian houses are so small, but i've visited ikea and i've seen the same philosophy there, pull, lift, hide, create new space, so it must be a constant in nordic design, a constant which is probably born from a necessity, to furnish cleverly because of the few room.

i suppose houses are small because of the climate, smaller houses are easier to warm up....

OPETH to enter studio in January 2011

That's right! Opeth will start the recording of their 10th album on the 31st of January 2011. The band has picked the legendary Atlantis studios (ex Metronome studios) in Stockholm and will once again work with Jens Bogren engineering. Mixing duties will be handled by Steven Wilson (Porcupine tree). Possible release worldwide in the fall of 2011, through Roadrunner Records. The new material has been described by the band as being "good"

^ such modesty about own new material is quite refreshing :lol: But seriously, i'm stoked! :hotjump:

2011 will be a good year
-new wintersun album
-new vintersorg album
-new opeth album
-new amon amarth album
-new children of bodom album
-probably new ensiferum and empyrium
-new kampfar and probably månegarm

KICKASS! \m/

Sigurðr;9530359 said:
2011 will be a good year
-new wintersun album
-new vintersorg album
-new opeth album
-new amon amarth album
-new children of bodom album
-probably new ensiferum and empyrium
-new kampfar and probably månegarm

KICKASS! m/

The bands I'm awaiting in 2011 is:

Shining (S)
Folge Dem Wind
Ulver
Age of Silence
Septic Flesh
<Code>
Beastmilk
Hexvessel
Voluspaa / Myrkgrav split
Vintersorg
Primordial
Hopefully new Wardruna
Hopefully new Dordeduh

Probably some others I can't remember, or don't yet know are going to release something too.

superweak to quote yourself, but this is probably worth it:
I love it when it has just begun, but when it just keeps on snowing for weeks/months it gets pretty annoying indeed.

Usually first snow should have been here by now. Temperatures have fallen very quickly though.
I take that back!! Temperatures have plumetted even more and lots of snow has fallen in the past days. I was driving just now, and slipped and almost hit a streetpole, a few more inches and I would have hit it hard and seriously damaged my dad's car. What's even more lucky is the area the car slipped into is my neighbour's parking spot, and thank god his car wasn't there!! :loco:
Go away, snow!

Shining (S)
Folge Dem Wind
Ulver
Age of Silence
Septic Flesh
<Code>
Beastmilk
Hexvessel
Vintersorg
Primordial
Hopefully new Wardruna
Hopefully new Dordeduh

Probably some others I can't remember, or don't yet know are going to release something too.
Cool, didn't know they were planning to release a new album next year. About time!!

Shining (S)
Folge Dem Wind
Ulver
Age of Silence
Septic Flesh
<Code>
Beastmilk
Hexvessel
Vintersorg
Primordial
Hopefully new Wardruna
Hopefully new Dordeduh

Dude..new voluspaa? are you sure? man..voluspaa kickass! :kickass: i love that debut album, i love the track Reis Deg Min Herre, and about the new myrkgrav im super anxious about it! i go to myrkgrav's myspace once or twice a week last time i saw him writing about a big surprise in the new album and he also said &#8220;So...who here likes Fela Etter'n Far? ;-)&#8221; so my goal is that he will do a folk version of fela etter'n far :D and new ulver ? dunno..as i said before..i want old ulver ):

OPETH to enter studio in January 2011

That's right! Opeth will start the recording of their 10th album on the 31st of January 2011. The band has picked the legendary Atlantis studios (ex Metronome studios) in Stockholm and will once again work with Jens Bogren engineering. Mixing duties will be handled by Steven Wilson (Porcupine tree). Possible release worldwide in the fall of 2011, through Roadrunner Records. The new material has been described by the band as being "good"

^ such modesty about own new material is quite refreshing :lol: But seriously, i'm stoked! :hotjump:

Watershed was 100% shit. I hold no hopes for Opeth anymore.

New Vintersorg, Code, Age of Silence and Ulver albums would be great. I would love to see Kovenant releasing that Cthulhudammit Aria Galactica once and for all.

The bands I'm awaiting in 2011 is:[...]
:headbang:ARCTURUS:hotjump::kickass::worship:

also, Vintersorg (and anything mr.V), Opeth, Vortex's solo, Age of Silence, Sear Bliss, Týr, Lamented Souls, Ulver (although i'm not holding my breath).

New Primordial, Wardruna, Dordeduh and Myrkgrav would be great as well! ^^
Watershed was 100% shit. I hold no hopes for Opeth anymore.
So was Universal. It doesn't mean there's no hope for both Borknagar and Opeth. Besides, the latest song Throat of Winter is just epic :kickass: If the new material is anything like this, they can count on me &#9829;

Sigurðr;9531167 said:
why you think universal was shit?
oh man don't get me started! i think i've ended up on the ignore lists of some of this and Borky forum members because of what i thought of it... :Smug: basically, there's just nothing in it for me. I'm a kind of person that always looks on the bright side of things... Well, i was having hard time to find *anything* positive in that record... :bah: Loci is the highlight for me i suppose, and you know it barely made it on the album...
Then again, the last time i listened to it was last March probably... and i haven't had the urge to hear it again.

It's one of my two or three favorite Opeth albums. To each his own, I suppose!
Amen to that!

I used to call Watershed Watershit. And i know a lot of die-hard Opeth fans who do the same. I didn't listen to it for a year after the release, i just couldn't. Then i heard it at a friend's place and i thought, hey i know that! :lol: Then i went home and gave it another spin and i found some beauty in it! :)

oh man don't get me started! i think i've ended up on the ignore lists of some of this and Borky forum members because of what i thought of it... :Smug: basically, there's just nothing in it for me. I'm a kind of person that always looks on the bright side of things... Well, i was having hard time to find *anything* positive in that record... :bah: Loci is the highlight for me i suppose, and you know it barely made it on the album...
Then again, the last time i listened to it was last March probably... and i haven't had the urge to hear it again.

calm down :rofl: I'm not a borkfag, i like but not as vintersorg :) i like universal but im my opinion borknagar is a band that is easy to get tired, i like but i don't listen too much, it's not like vintersorg (nothing is like vintersorg :p)

Amen to that!

I used to call Watershed Watershit. And i know a lot of die-hard Opeth fans who do the same. I didn't listen to it for a year after the release, i just couldn't. Then i heard it at a friend's place and i thought, hey i know that! :lol: Then i went home and gave it another spin and i found some beauty in it! :)

Haha well you're not in my ignore list, even if I don't agree with your opinion, I (try to) respect it :) . You're a nice lady, anyhow.

Sigurðr;9531220 said:
calm down :rofl: I'm not a borkfag, i like but not as vintersorg :) i like universal but im my opinion borknagar is a band that is easy to get tired, i like but i don't listen too much, it's not like vintersorg (nothing is like vintersorg :p)

Hear, hear!

Me? Bloody depressed now. My mating skills, I've noticed, are really non-existent. I go have a beer at the "local/famous" bar to drown my sorrows caused by my inability to kiss other girls and d'oh, my ex was there. I knew she was going to be there, but I was kind of hoping she wasn't. Looking at her made me feel weird. Ah fuck fuck fuck.

Sigurðr;9531121 said:
Dude..new voluspaa? are you sure? man..voluspaa kickass! :kickass: i love that debut album, i love the track Reis Deg Min Herre, and about the new myrkgrav im super anxious about it! i go to myrkgrav's myspace once or twice a week last time i saw him writing about a big surprise in the new album and he also said “So...who here likes Fela Etter'n Far? ;-)” so my goal is that he will do a folk version of fela etter'n far :D and new ulver ? dunno..as i said before..i want old ulver ):

Yeah, I got the information from the newsletter Freddy sends out. Also, Freddy told me in person that Lars from Myrkgrav was up to something when I met him at Inferno 2010.